New 2023 Cadillac Escalade Engine failure

Eh, generally speaking these do not retain their value well. Obviously, things have changed a bit. But it seems to be normalizing again. For example, MMR on a 2022 Premium Lux ($100k MSRP that was probably sold with ADM) with 10k miles on it is about $80k. The trajectory is definitely downwards and I think the pace will be start getting even quicker in the coming months/years.

It’s def down recently. Agreed. But they’re not the Escalades of old that lost 50% in 3 years!

dont understand why buy this over a lexus LX –

Read your owner’s manual or possibly the warranty information booklet. There are certain steps you need to take with GM Corporate in order for this to go as smoothly as possible for you.

I believe it’s listed as “Customer Satisfaction Procedure” in either the manual or the warranty book.

‘cuz the Caddy is baller OG for sure.

3 Likes

Labor hours add up at $200/hr shop rate. (I’m aware warranty work is often discounted, but it’s still a big number)

Cheaper to just drop a crate and pop a new engine in.

Bc the Lexus LX is fugly?

4 Likes

The LX is a mess in the design department. I’m taking the escalade

3 Likes

The mess is the Eqs

Give me buttons - real buttons

1 Like

Certain states will have performance clauses that make a vehicle a lemon if they can’t fix it within a required time period. I would research your states laws on this or contact a lemon law attorney and see if GM will buy back the vehicle.

These GM engines are known to Seppuku themselves earlier in their lives. There are a few high mile Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades out there, but there are also many examples of catastrophic failure.

This is another area where a buyback is probably your only option. There isn’t a lot in the dealer’s power here outside of them buying it back for near what you paid and trying to resell it once the new engine is in.

Guessing the OP optioned the 3.0 Duramax? Instead of going with the tried and true 6.2L?

Maybe the worst design since the infinity dual screens. But those didn’t sell for over msrp and were crazy cheap lease deals so they were tolerable. This I just don’t understand.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of issues with the duramax. Supposed to be the better option in terms of durability. 27 mpg on road trips isn’t bad either!!

1 Like

Check out the Chevy, GMC, Cadillac forums. 3.0 Duramax has its fair share of issues. Most common is long crank/no crank issue. Which can at times lead to a 50 hour fix, removing the entire cab to replace warped camshaft wheel. Rear main leak is another common problem popping up. Long term the design flaw of the oil pump belt is concerning. Material and placement is more than odd, needing to drop transmission to replace a worn belt. Should have been a chain at the very least. Also common issues with today’s modern diesels, injectors, EGR, DPF, HPFP…etc. The 6.2L is a much more bulletproof drivetrain.

We bought a 2022 GMC Yukon Denali, and within 2k miles it had air suspension issues, and was in and out of the shop for 3-5 months.

I called GM Corporate, and they were surprisingly very supportive, and paid I believe 2-3 months of my loan payment back to me, in the form of a hard check, along with getting me a Enterprise Luxury Rental (i.e. Range Rover).

Being nice to your customer service rep when you call, and having them make the right calls, to get the parts, went a long way and asking for compensation, fairly was received well.

7 Likes

The only thing Lexus really offer in there vehicles is reliability nothing else. They are always delay behind tech and most of the time if your leasing, the Lexus lease price is usually around the German lease price from what I remember.

2 Likes

Sigh… This complexity is the reason why EV is the future of the drivetrain tech.

1 Like

For sure don’t go ballistic on anyone yet. You need the dealer and GM/Cadillac on your side to try and get the outcome you want. Make them a proposal of what you feel is a fair outcome before threatening lawsuits. Once you do that, they’ll shut down communication.

1 Like

The majority of modern diesel complexity comes from EPA and new emission equipment.

Take an old common rail Cummins, with basic maintenance that thing will run into the apocalypse. All while pulling 18k lbs.

2 Likes

All 3 letter gov agencies should be abolished

2 Likes