New 2020 BMW M340i x Lease Offer

Hello hackers, I posted a picture for my lease offer of the car named in the title. Was looking for feedback on the deal. Down payment (4,000) includes taxes and various fees. They are listed… it comes out to over 4k i believe 4,050ish but the dealer said the rest would be worked into payments and only 4k was expected at time of signing. The car is fairly well optioned including premium and drivers assistance package as well as harmon kardon sound system and 19’ wheels.

1 Like

noted. still looking for feedback on mine specifically.

You should target 12% discount on MSRP before any incentives and rebates. Also try to get MF that they are using. Make sure it is not marked up. Instead of putting down payment put 7 MSD’s to lower down your MF.

There is nothing special about your specific offer. Everything you need to know is already on this forum, if you take the time to read the previous posts you would know if this was a good deal or not.

Why? Where did you get this number? There have been many people that have received better discounts than this.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/search?q=M340%20category%3A5%20in%3Atitle%20order%3Alatest

Your time is best utilized reading these threads and comparing your deal to Marketplace offers. Also target a 2019 if you can find one to have more leverage.

It’s “the LH standard” that is repeated so much that it’s become fact, like the 1% rule and 20% off BMW demos. Dontcha know.

1 Like

I got 12% off on MSRP on a custom build recently before any incentive and rebates. You might be able to get more discount if it’s already at any dealers inventory.

1 Like

So because that is what you got it must be the best deal that is available?

It’s is not bcz of what I got. I read couple of posts and people are generally getting those numbers on a custom build. I would still recommend to aim for at least a min of 12% off on MSRP.

I don’t think there is a 2019 M340.
330 yes, but not M340.

2 Likes

Shows what I know :upside_down_face:

Honest mistake they released the 2020 in May 2019 so…

1 Like

Model years generally release the year prior

Highly dependent on the model and the make. This doesn’t hold true for many cars.

1 Like

Yes, I am aware that can be the case sometimes. Not in May.

I am not putting a down payment… The taxes are paid for up front which is standard in my state (about 2200) and another 1800 in various “fees” but no down payment is being applied to the car itself. Unless I find a way out of certain fees then I won’t be able to lower the down payment unless I get a lower monthly deal or msrp therefore lowering the taxes to be paid at time of signing. I am new to this so my knowledge on leasing isn’t vast.

its held true for every car ive ever looked at (not a large sample size i guess), can you give some examples of when it hasnt?

Please stop arguing semantics and derailing your own thread :laughing:

2 Likes

Yet multiple people with a lot more experience in this suggested you would be better served by reading the forum some more and you don’t seem like you want to do that. You don’t need to put down any cash on a lease you can roll all taxes and fees into the payment. You can just sign and drive regardless of what the dealership may be telling you.