Nevada Lease Drive off Doesn't include registration?

I was informed my drive off payment in NV doesnt include the registration fee? That’s separate?? Coming from CA Drive off always included Reg. Am I technically paying more vs someone in CA for the same deal?

They can exclude the registration because you have to register it yourself in Nevada. You can clarify the drive off to make sure you are paying what they are saying

1. Why does NV do it this way, what is the purpose?

2. If I am comparing a CA deal vs NV say $2500 drive off and $600 base price before tax, wouldnt the CA deal technically be superior because I now have to factor in my reg in the NV deal?

It depends on how much NV registration costs are.

In FL, when I do out of state deals, I usually have the out of state dealer NOT include registration (if that state has temp tags to make it easy to get the car here, or allows me to provide the temp tags) as I can register it myself at the DMV for usually $100ish or less (esp if I am transferring a plate).

DMV delays is the main reason. Lots of folks waiting a long time for plates. They expire. Need new temp tags, etc.
Registration fees will be what your state charges. If anything you might save on 3rd party handling fees if they process it themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.