(Need your opinion) 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport 2.0T SE

Thank you so mcuh for your advise. I am strongly considering and taking it.

I think TDI VWs have a 2 year unlimited mileage CPO warranty. Very depreciated and a piece of mind when it comes to the warranty.

VWs are an interesting case for 2018-2019 model years because they carry 6 years bumper to bumper fully transferable warranty.

So don’t even have to buy CPO in that case.

Why not a 2-3 year old Sub? CPO gives you 7 years from inservice, so 4-5 years of warranty off the bat. A cheaper lexus CPO (one of the best CPO programs I’ve heard from f&f), or another VW product CPO would give great bang for buck.

What year SUV should I consider for used car to use only couple years? 2018 2019 VW? Or any good alternative for short term?

If you can find an older-style XC60 with some CPO left, those have highly depreciated.

For VW I think the best bet is the cars that are getting discontinued now (supply will shrink and they won’t be on dealer lots in 2 years) but will always have a cult following.

Like their wagons (Golf sportwagen and Alltrack).

For long term reliability I’d get a 2015 RAV4 or CR-V.

Do you HAVE to have the newer models if you’re trying to repair yourself financially? Any mass market or luxury European crossover is going to experience high depreciation, even after two or three years. The maintenance on European luxury SUVs is not cheap either and wear and tear items are generally not covered under warranty.

I can’t tell you how to spend your money, but if it was my money, I’d get something in good condition that I can live with.

For example, I recently bought a 2009 BMW X3 with about 115k miles on the clock for 6k in cash. It’s manual with the 2.0 Turbo Diesel engine and I recently bought an aftermarket infotainment screen and backup camera for 700 bucks to bring the car to 2020.

I’m in Germany at the moment so parts are a lot cheaper, but this is just to give you an idea of what is possible. I also wouldn’t give any advice I wasn’t willing to take, myself.

If you’re pretty comfortable with the idea of a VW SUV, you could always get a 2020 Tiguan S for ~$22k, since you have enough to put down, you could finance the minimum amount (probably $5k-$6k) over a short term (24-36 mo, whatever the minimum is) to mitigate the horrendous interest rate.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 2