Need some help w/ GLC 300 AWD SUV Demo./Loaner negotiation

I found a demo GLC 300 AWD SUV in my area that I like. I emailed the dealer and they offered $6k off the selling price of $45,785 taking it down to $39,785 and asked me to make an offer.

The car has 705 miles and has been on the market for more than 90 days. What should I offer? Using the calculator and info from Edmunds regarding the MF, RV, and incentives, here’s what I’m thinking, see calculator. Is this reasonable?

Leasehackr Calculator Numbers

$0 Drive off
MSRP=$45,785
Selling Price = $37,000 (19.2% Discount)
Incentive = $1,500 (I wont mention this until the end of negotiations). IE, we’ll see if they include it their offer
MF=.00100 (2.4%)
RV=55%
36/12 Months/Miles

Anyone know of any further discounts/rebates or incentives?

Unless they’re incentives that require qualification (loyalty, college grad, affiliations, etc), if it isn’t mentioned, it’s generally included in the selling price.

I don’t really see the point of leaving it out of your counter offer. Just tell them what you want. You’re not going to catch them in an “ah ha!” moment over an incentive you were counting on them forgetting.

1 Like

Got it. that’s why I posted here. So you’re saying that the original $47k already has any incentives added in no matter what selling price you negotiate. That makes sense. I will know once I get the deal sheet.

No, I mean the $39785 selling price they offered you was actually a $41285 selling price and then they included the incentive.

1 Like

Got it. That makes sense. Been slammed at work but will get this over to the dealer later today to see what they say.

Thanks

Is this a 2019 or 2020? Have you confirmed residual and MF from Edmunds?

What’s the 1500 incentive? National or regional?

Edmunds Numbers
00016 MF and 52% residual
$1500 incentive

Looks like it’s a dealer incentive. I updated the lease calculator using the current numbers and the payment seem pretty high to me. I’m trying to get closer to $400/Month. Any thoughts?

Your calculator has .0016, not .00016. Which is the correct number?

Sorry, I just noticed that as well. Edmunds quoted:

.00016 MF and 52% residual
$1500 incentive

Thanks

Something is amiss if they’re quoting you 55% RV and Edmunds is quoting 52%. Are you sure you’re looking at numbers for the same year, trim, and terms?

I apologize for the confusion. The initial MF and RV is not what they offered. I don’t have an offer from the dealer. The dealer said to make them an offer.

Those numbers are what I thought the MF and RV was until I went to Edmunds. The correct MF and RV is: 00016 MF and 52% residual.

Here is exactly what the dealer said:

" Thank you very much for your inquiry on the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC300. I am happy to inform you it is available and others like it.
My name is XXXX, please consider me your personal contact at the dealership.
If $6K off isn’t aggressive… What were you hoping for? Make me an offer!!
Here is a fresh link to our inventory…
Do you have any specific questions that I can answer for you?"

Ask for a selling price of 20% off msrp since it is a outgoing model year demo and 2020 GLC is a new generation. Put those numbers in the calculator with correct residual, MF, taxes and fees and you should have a number which you can counter-offer with. Also, there is first month waiver on 2019 GLC. You should be close to 450/month, 35 payments. Ask for 0 due at signing.

you mention 7k off and then 19.2% Discount. Which one is correct? What is your final discount?
Thank you.