Need some assistance-mini countryman s

Hi Everyone,

After lots of looking and shopping, my wife and i have decided to get a Mini Countryman s. I spoke to two dealers, neither of whom were really willing to discount the car. I think there is currently a $1500 incentive plus first three payments up to $330 covered by mini (not reflected in the sheet below). I would really like to be in the low-mid $400 range. I know it’s not the most hackable car but it’s my wife’s favorite car so…that’s what we’re trying to get. Residual is 61% base MF .00107 i believe. Please let me know your thoughts and what is realistic.

Not good enough. This was a quote I got last month so it should be even better now with the MF decreased and customer cash increased to $1500.

MSRP:$36,690

Discount: $5000 (13.63%)

Selling Price: $31,690

36 months

10k miles per year

$1037.41 total due at signing

$368.84 per month after taxes

I countered at $425 ($100 due at signing). With the three $330 payments included this would be an effective payment of under $400 all in, which I am comfortable with. The calculator below I am shooting for. It’s not exactly perfect, but close enough.

Mini calculator

I hate to be this person, but take a look at the X1 since they are built on the same platform. There are some lease deals on demos out there that are competitive with the Countryman.

I totally get the bmw comparison. Wife likes this one though. They are down to $487 now…

What region are you in, and do you have many MINI dealers around you?

It also helps if you have USAA or PenFed

DC region (NoVA specifically). A few around here. Unfortunately I don’t qualify for any incentives currently.

What makes you think a counter offer of 425 is where you should be?

We advise not to shop exclusively payment as that can muddy the actual deal. Do a little bit of research on the Edmunds forums for money factor and residual values and available incentives for your region. From there, shoot for a 11 to 13% discount on the car before Manufacturer incentives as others have been able to get that high.

Best of luck.

I based $425 based on a 9% pre incentive discount (was targeting 8-10% so I picked the middle of the range).