Need opinion for this: Return leased car (on 26th month) and sign for a new one

Hello All,
I am needing an insight about my situation. After learning and spending time about buying/leasing a vehicle, I’m happy to say that I’ve learned so much and have come to realization that I think I made mistake of walking into a delearship without “knowing” important details when I signed for my current lease.

Anyways, I prefer to return my current car to the delearship and get a CX5 Carbon Edition instead.

My doc attached is what I signed for, let me know what you think.

Should I keep the car and finish the term or return and sign up for a new one? I have no interest for the car anymore because I realized that I am paying too much for this trim. Current buy out price is $22,268 which is $1-2.5k above market so I am aware of the negative equity.

Current buyout price good until 3/20/2023 is $22,268

I checked with Carvana if I were to sell to them, here’s the offer:
Breaking down your offer details
Offer amount $21,425
Lease payoff amount -$2,268
Applied to your down payment $19,157

If I were to sell to Carvana, I know I’d have to pay the difference, do I need to worry about TFS for any fine whatsoever?

Thanks so much!

What is the current monthly payment?

The reason you want to sell your current lease early, and start a new one, is bc you think you got a less-than-ideal lease last time?

Says 409 on the pic

Have you checked the Marketplace to see what this would cost (even before any negative equity)?

1 Like

I have not yet, but will be looking now!

Yes, I think I am paying more than what I should.

I am able to get a quote with Auto Ninjas with my lease car as trade in for 2023 CX5 Carbon Edition.