Need input! Lease: 2020 Honda Pilot, $429/month, $0 down

Being new is not an excuse to be posting an ad instead of an actual quote for review. If you have read previous posts, you will have figured out (pretty quickly) that no one can help you with an ad.

As some have suggested, you should get quotes from multiple dealerships on an in-stock car you like. DO NOT go into a dealership to negotiate pricing. If a dealer does not want to disclose numbers via email, move onto the next one. Honda dealerships are a dime a dozen. If dealers in your area are not aggressive enough with pricing, cast a wider net.

If this is all too much for you to handle (researching, reaching out to dealers via email, confirming RV and MF on Edmunds), then your best bet is to work with a broker.

Good luck.

Its AWD we have tier 1 credit it actually came to $357 and change after taxes all in.

Awd model as well we have tier 1 credit as well actually brought the payment to $357 and change with taxes all in. Ideally we would of liked no money down but we wanted a comfortable monthly payment close to what we were paying on our previous lease.

It was $2500 drive away

Fyi, money down is not the same as amount due at signing.

Guess we all look at it differently, to me any money out of pocket is money down. When I think of $0 down it better be truly $0 down but then they factor in everything else so thats never the case. But regardless that was what we walked away paying out of pocket all in with taxes included.

I see. Let me try and explain how I view money down. Let’s say the best deal you have been able to negotiate on a car is $450 per month. But you want the payment to appear lower, so you decide to put down an additional $1800 as a down payment (aka cap cost reduction) to lower the payment to $400/month over 3 years.

Your savings of $50 per month equates to your ($50 x 36 months=) $1800 down payment. Hope this makes sense so far.

As for money due at signing (DAS), if you do not roll in all fees, upfront taxes and first month’s payment, those are normally due at signing (when you pick up the car).

So going back to my example, the final lease numbers come up to $400/month with $1800 down payment and $1500 (first month plus all fees) due at signing. So your total due at signing is $3300 ($1500 + $1800).