Need input! Lease: 2020 Honda Pilot, $429/month, $0 down

We have a deal going on locally and this would be my first lease:

This is the fine print from the dealer.

2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD

Msrp: $41,080
Selling price: $41,080
Cap cost: $37,442.92(includes acquisition fee of $595)
Total payments: $15,444
Purchase/lease end: $25,058.80.
Down: $0
Monthly: $429
Term: 36 months, 12,000 miles/year
Zip: 98026, WA

*Taxes and fees are excluded.

TIA!!!

Anyone can chime in?

How could the selling price be tbd if you already know the monthly payments and cap cost?

1 Like

I just signed a $0 down Pilot Touring lease today at $448/month. Just for comparison.

Your MSRP price doesn’t match your RV…

Thanks! I’m editing my post for corrections

So you aren’t getting any discount of MSRP? If your cap cost is as listed, is there really $4k in rebates?

I’m confused…

Jon, I just went through their disclaimer and it didn’t mention any rebates. I just posted what they advertised. I know that I’ll be paying a total of $15,444 by lease end. Is there anything that I might have missed? Thanks!

Here is the discalimer:

2020 Pilot EXL AWD 6AT Featured Special Lease Offer valid from 1/9/2020 through 1/31/2020 $429.00 per month for 36 months. $0 total due at signing. Includes down payments with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and dealer fees. For well qualified lessees. Closed end lease for 2020 Pilot EXL 6AT (YF6H5LJNW) available from January 9 2020, through January 31, 2020, to well-qualified lessees approved by Honda Financial Services. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $41,080.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $37,442.92. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $15,444.00. Option to purchase at lease end $25,058.80. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from Lynnwood Honda stock by January 31, 2020. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 20¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See Lynnwood Honda for complete details.

I would suggest go to Edmunds forums and find out incentives, RV and MF.

Input the information in the calculator.

Compare the information and post the link to the calculator.

Also, there are broker posting of about effective payments of $360 + tax for EX-Ls out there…

Someone has even posted $427 including tax for a Touring.

Search the forum…

So this is not an actual deal you were offered but just something you saw in advertisement? Usually they never end up what you see in advertisements. Get a real quote and then put it in calc.

Yes, it’s an “ad” and I’m an amateur to this. Thanks for the advice. I’m in the process of contacting the dealer now to see the real picture. Thanks again fellas for your patience. It’s my first rodeo!

dude…ads are blasphemy here. Just talk to the dealer, negotiate to the best of your ability, get the DEALER DISCOUNT and any available REBATES/INCENTIVEs and… tadah!

All Honda ads are supposed to come back to invoice.

The MF and Residual cannot be marked up through American Honda Financial.

Fun Fact: The Pilot is the first SUV that is unable get bird flu.

1 Like

Signing this afternoon on a 2020 Pilot EX-L MSRP: $40,955 in the northeast. We are a little upside down in our current lease roughly $1000 but they managed to get us with $2500 down 12k 36 months at $359 mo. And my wife managed to squeeze all weather floor mats out of them. Went to 4 other honda dealers to try and beat it and they basically laughed at the deal we got cause no one could touch it. All the other dealers were roughly $100 more a month. They are selling the vehicle to us around $33k residual was $24k. Appears to be an excellent deal based on where we are at in our current lease. One dealer told me the deal we were getting from this dealer is at least a $2400 loss.

1 Like

Scroll to Pilot EX-L at the bottom of this link to see if it looks like your offer, except this one is $70/mo cheaper,

https://www.rapidshonda.com/lease-specials/

I got an offer for pilot ex-l ( California) for $384, tax included +$2000 Down , Im New to this also , Just for Your info @Bords

Is this AWD. I’m also looking at the Pilot but initial numbers from dealership has been around $450 with $2500 here in NorCal.

It is always best to never put any money down on a lease. What was the amount due at signing?
Was the $359 before or after taxes?