Need help with Jaguar F-Pace in NNJ

Sold or lease return?

If sold, how much did they pay you?

How much was current best offer from 3rd parties?

MB Flemington bought out the lease from MBFS, prior to lease end. I was in month 18 of 36.

I was getting offers around $32,500 from Carvana, Rodo, Vroom, Algo… They paid $33,800 – which was the same as my buy out. For me, no positive equity, but then I did not put any money down and got our early. My MBFS account showed the pay off 2 days later.

1 Like

I have not considered Tesla, I’ll have to look into pricing. Why is there no tax specifically in NJ? Do they lease well? Is the SUV affordable?

strange.

assuming that dealers will just go by buyout. They really have no reason to pay market price.

No sales Tax on EVs in NJ

Quick answer, No.

2 Likes

It depends on your situation and what you’re looking for. But in general, Teslas are better as purchases. Big Tesla thread going on along with the penfed financing option. And no, I wouldn’t call it affordable :joy: model Y is $60k(ish) and when the Model X comes out again, it’s north of $100k

1 Like

I’m paying $565 per month for 36k miles only taxes and fees up front on my '19 c300 coupe. I would be willing to pay up to $700 per month to lease a car right now. I’ll look into the Tesla model Y, but EVs don’t really do it for me. Not sure what else is out there right now as far as luxury SUVs go.

I have it down to Model 3, Model Y or Cadillac XT6. You can find an Audi Q5 but not a fan.

BMX X5, MB GLE, Lincoln Aviator, Genesis GV, Kia Telluride, Hyundai Palisades, GMC Yukon would all have worked – but none reasonably priced.

1 Like

Thanks for these recommendations, but what do you have down? Do all of these cars have similar lease pricing?

If you’re willing to do an order you could consider an xDrive X3. I was in a similar situation (2019 A4 coming off lease soon with a few $k in equity and wanted the size bump to a small/mid SUV). Builds are hard to get on an m40i, but I did a build on the base engine with M-Sport and a bunch of other options ($55k MSRP) for around $640 pre-tax. Not an amazing deal, but considering the market and equity recoup on the sedan one that I can live with.

I used a broker, but seen some in the Marketplace for NY/NJ with similar MSRP discount %s on the X3 builds.

These two are very reasonably priced as purchases, provided you don’t pay a markup.

$699 per month is $40k financed at 1.9% APR for 60 months.

The effective payment becomes lower depending on when you sell and how much equity, etc.

I think they did away with the 1.9% at 60 months a few months ago. Now it is 2.9%

I did it last week on a Telluride

Sorry, I was referring to the Palisade.