Need help on vehicle damaged in dealer transit

Something is real shady here.

Dealing with shady dealers is not worth it specially after you know you’ve been lied to your face over and over.

Possible financial pitfalls not worth the hassle for a car.

I would walk away. Good luck.

2 Likes

Credit pull is not a big impact. It recovers soon.

I understand that you feel that all your hard work is not giving you the car you want but there are too many red flags the way they’ve operated.

Think about post-sale service and issues you may have to deal with these people if there is anything wrong.

If the lease is thru MB financial, new dealer would not be re-pulling your credit. It will be the same report.

Don’t ignore all the red flags because you’ve fallen in love with the car. It might be worth a plane ticket to the far away dealer then to deal with their lies.

Sleep over it. Don’t rush into it. Good luck

3 Likes

Having another credit pull has a very very small impact on your credit (unless there are some other underlying issues). It’s just an inquiry.

When I did my Q5 lease during Black Friday, I got a hit both from Audi Financial Services and Santa Monica Audi for the same deali. That was annoying, but I didn’t really care in the grand scheme of things.

The financial troubles that are potentially brewing by working with this dishonest stealership are real. Personally, even if they gave me $ to compensate for my troubles, I wouldn’t take it- honesty and integrity are worth it for me to pay a few $ more or get a different car. It’s a mass produced vehicle- not a custom built 1 of a kind.

But again, that’s me.

2 Likes

Get the car from them, then burn them down on the survey. I’d push for more discount too, get the GM involved. Otherwise just move on, they sound awful. I’m surprised a Benz dealer would be so shady, I don’t think any GM or GSM would appreciate this kind of shenanigans going on at their stealership

1 Like

How can I get GM involved?

Ask to speak with them, they usually work bankers hours

Most stealership websites have an about our dealership link and have listing of personnel. The GM’s name and email is usually the very first listing.

Speaking from personal experience, MBF did not pull my credit again when they sold the car I negotiated, and I had to lease another. I am sorry I cannot recall precisely how long they do not make another hard inquiry (it is in my files somewhere), but I was looking for another car, with the same options for nearly a month and they told me that since they had already approved my application, they would not need to rerun my credit. And it was true; only one inquiry (the original) remained on my report. But you may wish to phone MB and ask them as their procedure may have changed. Do not merely take my word for it.

However, as others have advised, I would not sign a contract with that dealer.

1 Like

Multiple credit pulls in a month period only count as one hard pull.

2 Likes

Exactly

And if you’re not planning on leasing something again for another 3 years, why does a temp dip in credit score matter?

Also many score models (like the ubiquitous FICO 8) disregard inquiries older than 12 months, and after 6 they don’t matter at all (i.e., 6 inquiries is the same as 106 inquiries as far as the scoring algorithm is concerned).

Thanks everyone here!

Let us know what happens…:popcorn:

1 Like

I got the same car yesterday.

I thought the dealer lied to me for two reasons: 1. They wanted to get the new lease with higher monthly payment. 2. The car was in another dealer and it was difficult for them to get the car get it (probably they could sell it for better price). When I’m in the dealership, I insisted that it’s their responsibility to get me the car with similar packages either the original one or the new one (which is out of state). Otherwise, I would file a complain in Better Business Bureau. After about 45 minutes wait, they finally got the car and got me the new lease with new start date. I have compared the new lease with old lease. They are the same except start date.

I knew people here suggest just walk away to the other dealers. I’m too lazy to go through the negotiating process with other dealers again. Probably next time (hopefully I will not come across this again), I will write a complain and then walk away.

Really thanks everyone here for the help!

7 Likes

Happy ending!