NEED HELP! Negotiating 2021 Tahoe Lease- Texas

It’s going to be a tough battle in Texas. People down here love a new Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban and it’s a status symbol to be one of the first in your neighborhood to have one. So people will pay big money for that “prestige.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, I didn’t know all the hype about Tahoes- never have owned one and never thought about them until I needed something with more space.

I am also looking at XC90 and Landrover Discovery and Defender (I know substantially smaller than Tahoe) but wanting something bigger than our 4-runner. Any thoughts on those?

Xc90 is a fantastic vehicle and a fantastic value. The LRs are.going to be very expensive.

1 Like

The XC90 is probably your best value proposition among your choices. I drove one before I got my X5 last year and it was my second choice behind the X5.

XC90 maybe nice, but LR, ask @HersheySweet

You will like better than the Tahoe is my guess.

Given the substantial amount of money in question, how is either a Disco or a Defender meaningfully bigger than your 4R?

Pilots, Palisades and Enclaves make more sense to lease in addition to the XC90 (on the smaller side) while purchasing the Telluride makes more sense in that segment.

That’s about where I’m at on Tahoes and Suburbans atm. Production slowed and inventory is extremely tight.

3 Likes

Really? Wow…

RST and Z71 are MSRP - Everything else is 2k off if we have financing. If cash or outside financing it’s MSRP.

So basically at an invoice

Disco and Defender are out- not big enough for the substantial amount of money in question (as you stated).
However I do like the XC90.

Thank you everyone for all of your guidance.
I am working on negotiating an XC90 lease now and going to compare the two- if you want to weigh in, it’s here! Thank you all

I appears that a dealership in Oklahoma may have more inventory- is there any difference in getting the lease in Oklahoma vs Texas? I live in Texas.

Still learning, so appreciate any input.
Thanks!

You’ll pay a higher doc fee and DEFINITELY no tax credits. :grimacing:

Other than that, no big diff. These are still status symbol in OK. If I were in a betting mood, I’d be looking at areas near the now canceled pipeline project. :wink:

1 Like

Definitely no tax credits if you go to Ok

2 Likes

that is a horrible price, laughable in there faces bad!
my last 2 ho’s posted on here i got for $480 36/10k
fully loaded LT with leather, sun, system, 4wd, bucket seats,
the sticker was 62k

cherck my older posts

This is a new refreshed model with MUCH worse programs, residuals, and MF. At best you’re going off last year.

:chocolate_bar:

Please stop bumping old threads and making useless comments based on a 2.5 year old deal that is completely irrelevant. Or let us know when your time machine is available. I’d like to go back to September 2018 as well, please.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.