Need Advice RX350 lease remaining '17 or wait for '18?

I have been researching and reading this forum since I leased a '17 RX350 at the end of July. I have noticed that your comments are particularly well informed and astute (your knowledge of the leasing process is distinguishable from most of the posters) and you have a composed presence when there is a conflict.

Would like your advice in determining when to lease my wife an RX350 (F Sport or Luxury). She is currently in a good lease on a '15 Toyota Sienna XLE 36/15 $335/mo. that ends in June 2018.

I am aiming for a lease payment around $475/mo. for 36/15 + $13 excess wear and tear. Definitely need it for my wife because she tends to scrape the sides of cars!

I used a recent lease from a LeaseHckr. member who scored a 2017 RX350 F Sport MSRP 61,374 for 463.98 with max MSDs and $1k down to get some responses from S. Ca Lexus dealers (I live in San Diego)–the best was at Keyes Lexus where he got the deal but residual dropped 4% due to adjustment and he was in a 12k and this is a 15k. So, payment is $563. If she went with a $55k F Sport, then payment drops to $509. There is incentive of $2500 lease cash currently.

If I wait for December to Remember, inventory will be lower, and residuals will drop further, which makes it even more difficult to get desired lease payment. Wonder if Lexus will have a program at that time to incentivize dealers to discount even more than currently and/or inflate residual to clear remaining inventory of 17 RX?

In the alternative, I can wait until March or June/July promo periods and then negotiate for '18 RX350 and gamble that there will be good deals (10-15% off MSRP) with obviously stronger residuals.

You have been in this game for a while and look forward to guidance from you.

Yes, I want my wife to be in a great car. Also, I will not be happy unless I have a “great” deal.

By the way, the payoff on her current Sienna = trade-in and I could actually make at least $1,500 if I try to sell it private party. She has some scrapes on the sides of her minivan so I would obviously have to fix them before selling. If I wait until March/April, Toyota will have a pull-ahead so I can just turn it in if I get another Toyota or Lexus (I think). If I wait until June, she will be over 45K miles (she drives a lot) so I will have to pay the excess miles. She is currently at 32,500 miles.

Some of the Trusted Hackers have already responded to this on PM and, in the interest of providing valuable information to the community, this thread has been moved to the public forum so that all can see and respond accordingly.

Good afternoon, lease special should be better in November

1 Like