Need advice negotiating a T6 S60 R-design w/ Polestar

It worked out for you and I’m glad!

1 Like

did you get your rebate check yet?
does it bother you they didn’t line up the badge with the AWD badge? grr

1 Like

Last week, yes. Pretty fast!

More annoyed they scratched up the trim around the drivers window, then the misaligned badge, then everything else about that service experience. I won’t go back to Volvo San Diego (family owned since IDGAF), but I’m very happy with the XC60 and trying to overlook the tiny nits that aren’t its fault (scratched trim and misaligned badges).

nice on the rebate!
sorry for bringing up the badge!
yours looks better than this one. seriously, these guys can’t at least use a piece of paper or a straight edge:

2 Likes

Yeah, who would even want to drive a car like this. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
It probably also lost a few hp

3 Likes

well, the misalignment does affect the aerodynamics. :smiley:

1 Like

We learned this conclusively in the 1990s when Honda Civics started appearing with Type R stickers.

or that B7 Accord Alpina i saw on here a couple days ago. :laughing: :

1 Like

For those who did the Polestar update by the dealer. Is the functionality the same? In other words, do you still access the Polestar Engineered tune by clicking on the scroll wheel and then spinning it to select “PoleStar” ?

1 Like

All I can say was that I was offered a new 2019 S60 T6 R-Design, 36/15k, 1 month DAS, 49k msrp for 460/mo! Maryland taxes, dealer and mva fees, everything rolled in.

I believe there is 5k in lease cash this month, and 13-14% off is doable on a new one.

Then why don’t you go and do 13-14%? And report back in Share deals thread :grin:

I still haven’t decided on which specific car I want at the moment, so I am still in the process of deciding. It is in my top 3 though!

I am actually looking for a car :joy: Just hard to pick one out of the 3 I have narrowed my choices to. Will wait a month or two, till 2020’s fill the lots, and will have to make a decision on a leftover 2019.

GLE 43 AMG is for your “friend”, I assume? :grin:

Nope. Just curious for my own information. With my assistance, my friends already gotten cars :joy:

Yes. The only difference is you can’t residualize/capitalize it into the lease (so you pay more). I had my XC60 one day and got the Polestar tune after, very happy with it (didn’t I say as much earlier in this very thread???)

You can’t residualized it, but you can use a discount code/negotiate the price down which closes some of the residual gap

1 Like

Which I did, but

• The dealer cost is more than it is on the Monroney ($1295?). I called several dealers, one had a coupon he could apply, but it was $100-ish more ($1350-ish plus tax IIRC)
  • I emailed Volvo and got a 30% up to $200 rebate coupon/form
  • I submitted the receipt the day I got back, and had a check in 7 days (net $1150)
  • Residual on my lease was 57%, so $1295 * .43 ~ $557 / 36 ~ 15.46
  • My MF after MSDs was 0.00031 ~ 0.74% so the rent on the $557 isn’t much

So check my math but effectively double, but I’m still pleased. There was no XC60 with the Polestar tune on it so my option was 1) Dealer option at full pop or 2) not at all, I chose #1.

Now. NOW. If we were talking about a 2020 Polestar, daddy wants those sexy orange seat belts.