Need advice negotiating a T6 S60 R-design w/ Polestar

Hey All,

You were incredibly helpful to me back in June- we were able to get a fantastic deal on a T6 Inscription XC90.

I’m looking around now and all the dealerships have these S60 T6 R-designs with the polestar package- many of them loaners (IDK if that helps my case or not).

I’d love to get into one for 0 Down and somewhere between 3XX/month & $420/month, no MSDs. I’m ok with paying First Month + Taxes & Fees upfront.

The XC90 ended up being 21% off MSRP after incentives, but it seems like there aren’t particularly aggressive incentives in Socal for these S60’s.

I’d share the RV/MF for a 36/10 in Socal but Edmunds hasn’t responded in the last 2 days.

Any advice on how to proceed with this? I’d have thought a 2019 loaner would be something they’d want to move- don’t really know what’s reasonable to aim for at this point.

You can’t really focus on discount from msrp after incentives, because incentives vary by model. You have to look at it pre-incentives.

1 Like

You’re right- I worded that poorly. I’m not expecting XC90 discounts on these cars, but would like some idea of what I can expect as a pre-incentive discount or even a reasonable baseline to compare to.

The closest I can find are deals in NJ and surrounding areas.

Check your PM.

You are not getting 57k T6 R loaner on the terms you expect.
Well, with everything upfront maybe mid/high-400

2 Likes

Why does he need to get 57k T6? Mine was $53K with almost everything ticked other than the B&W sound system. That will put him in the less than $400 range.

Where did I say he “needs” one? However, some of the T6 R demos with polestar will be pretty loaded so won’t be doable in his range. Lower priced ones - possibly.

Hey guys- you’re right, I do not need the fully loaded loaner. I’d love to and thought they’d want to move those, but really any polestar + sport chassis equipped AWD S60 would be worth considering.

I mean, this is a car that’s replacing a Fiat 500e lease so the bar isn’t set that high.

Another thought- any other options (Alfa Giulia Sport) worth considering in the 350-420 range?

S60 T6 offers much more than Alfa at the same sticker. But Giulia is more fun to drive, imo.

Just shoot for a Giulia Ti Sport. It’s a more engaging vehicle. Lower overall quality, though.

You’re not going to find one with the sport chassis that is south of $56,000-$57,000. The ones with it are usually loaded with advance, 19" wheels, heated steering… you’re looking at one with at least $6,000 in options. I’ve also heard it’s difficult to find the sport chassis, as it is.

Here is a good measuring stick for you.

Mine is 53K with Advance, sport chasis and polestar. The dealer had several loaners with similar specs and price. This is NJ, so not sure about West Coast, but for over $50 per month savings, it’s worth spending the effort searching for them.

The Polestar part is just a tune, you can always add it after the fact, I wouldn’t let that feature limit your inventory search.

3 Likes

Good idea, but it won’t be residualuzed.

1 Like

Sport chassis is just springs/shocks and can be added after the fact too if one really wanted. Like the polestar, it also wouldn’t be residualized.

Spring/shocks tuning and an engine tune; we’re talking about several thousands of dollars in modifications that won’t be residualized. It may not make sense to do so much work after the fact on a lease.

I don’t disagree, but it is an option

Right, and if they only ones found are here on the East coast, then the savings are moot due to the cost of getting the car across the country.

Either way, it’s still more difficult to find an S60 with the sport chassis than without.

Can’t speak to the shocks but the Pstar tune can be discounted in the service department so the spread between that and full price but residualized is probably at best $15 a month. If that means I can work across a larger inventory pool for the best discount I’ll assume I can make it up elsewhere.