Need 3 high mileage leases - open for advice or offers!

My 1989 Taurus was my favorite vehicle of all time. Last of the front bench seats, nursed it to 150k miles at 11years old, before the transmission finally gave up.

Do they still offer an SHO you could lease, one with the activemotion seats, that would be nice and a bit frisky.

Convince the GM the unlimited mileage CPO warranty on something like Infiniti will save moneyā€¦you can buy 3 for like $55k

Just throwing it out there: how about starting your own leasing company?

If you are lucky, you can find the unlimited miles lease like I had with the RAV4 EV.

Ha, thatā€™s creative! :smile:

Unlimited miles for an EV lease - perhaps not terribly practical as plenty of our trips are 500 miles or more.

Halftime update on this - yes, it hasnā€™t been easy but I have found a few deals that make sense for the high mileage cars. Acura, Infiniti, Volvo, Alfa. Pricing has been all over the map, could be a 50% difference from one dealer to another. Just waiting now for our GM to decide if he wants to decide or if he wants me to decideā€¦ If itā€™s all my choice I like the Alfa :slight_smile:
But, persistence has paid off, I have a few lease quotes that are surprisingly affordable. As soon as I have signed - and I get the OK from the dealer to share - I will post the details here.

Whatā€™s the latest on this? Iā€™m intrigued by the concept!

It was a frustratingly long process to work also our internal politics, but finally got the decision from our General Manager Friday that I could go ahead as I had proposed. What he couldnā€™t fully wrap his head around was that for the 25k miles/yr and 35k miles/yr the leases were actually less expensive for the $40-45k cars than for the $30k cars weā€™ve typically had, and then he worried that it wonā€™t sit well with Corporate if we have ā€œtoo niceā€ cars in the parking lot when they come to visit. He did absolutely nix the Giulia and the Jaguar XE. ā€œI am not going to defend that we have Jaguars as company carsā€¦ā€

I had to break it up in two separate deals. The lease deals that were ok for the 17k miles/yr car were hideously expensive at 25 and 35k miles. And vice versa, the cars that I could lease at good prices for 25k and 35k were almost as expensive at 17k. I hope to have it wrapped up Mon/Tue. After itā€™s done I will share as much info as the dealers allow me to.

1 Like