Need 3 high mileage leases - open for advice or offers!

Ha, his mid-90’s car is actually German, and most decidedly not cheap on maintenance. And he will either have to go pick up a rental car or come borrowing my company car when ever he’s going on a business trip that is farther than going to the airport!

wait? there are still mid 90’s german cars on the road!? his dedication is impressive.

This article suggests that there are (many) banks willing to do high mileage leases.

_How Do I Get a High Mileage Lease? _
_Ask for one. Most major dealers have one or more high mileage lease options. _

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/is-a-high-mileage-lease-right-for-you.html

https://www.thebalance.com/is-a-high-mileage-lease-right-for-me-527161

Out of curiosity - you’re retiring 3 company cars, looking to lease 3 new. Are the cars you’re retiring leased themselves? What companies did you use for those cars?

I’m not sure a dealer can provide the leases you’re looking for, but have you tried looking into third-party leasing companies?

@Segeltorp what about long term rental cars? I’ve had a long term rental in the past (2+ years) that you can find for $500/mo and you can go swap them out regularly for another car. The only issue I had was being able to get longterm insurance but I was private party maybe your company as different insurance.

They may be self insured as a business. Purely speculation though.

The guy wants to have his cake in the form of higher end cars and eat it too, obviously.

2 Likes

maybe we could rename the site to LeaseDreamr :sunglasses:

He can also keep it completely off of the books by having the employee lease the car, and he can give them an auto allowance.

He has many options, most are really easy and pain free deals for a business concern, but as @Ursus says, he seems to be off on a different type of adventure. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yes, they are leased and the baseline for where I want the costs to be. But there’s a long story here - we were part of a $20Bn company until we split off, so we could roll the leases over. But this lease company say they typically don’t do fleets with less than 100 cars so 3 isn’t something they really want to do. And honestly, I’d much prefer different cars than the boring fleet cars that they supply…

Long term rentals…yes, I will look into that as an option. A bit of a hassle, no? We do self insure for rentals.

Haha, yes, isn’t that why we all are bantering here? That we like to drive something nice within a reasonable budget. If I wanted a Corolla I wouldn’t necessarily look for tips here.

In fact, the good news is that I did get some leads that might work out. Nice cars at the typical “just a tiny bit above your target price”. If the dealers are OK with it I will share the info once it has been finalized. Right now my two best quotes are from an Acura dealer in NC and an Alfa dealer in PA. Both would work. I am awaiting a few more quotes during the next few days and will then make the decision.

Yep, there is nothing wrong with it.

Please note that I am one of the employees who has a car. I prefer a paid company car - there is no personal risk (repairs, insurance…), less personal concern (door dings after leaving the car at the airport parking lot?) and ultimately it would need to be a pretty darn good offer to make me want to give up the paid car.

I engaged in this discussion because it was very useful when I recently leased a new car for my wife, and I thought it would be easy to find a better solution than through our current fleet management company. I was naive - it wasn’t easy at all - but at the end it seems well worth it if I can get something nicer for my 25k miles/yr than the fleet Ford! :sunglasses:

Totally get it. Leasing here is very different from the model you usually see in commercial fleets, so I was just offering up “free random guy on the internet advice”. If you are able to squeeze something better than a chevy / ford / fleet car, out of the deal, you did good!

We still have people here driving Taurus’ :smile:

That’s what I have :grimacing:

Nothing terribly wrong with it for 10 hr interstate trips, but also nothing that makes me yearn for another! If I had left the task of getting new cars to our Finance Dept I’m quite sure we’d be getting Camrys - at least that’s what those guys drive themselves…

Wouldn’t a loaded Fusion be nicer?

Are you looking to lease these cars in just the company name, or are your drivers willing to be co-lessees. That’s a big deal with Volvo, as the company has to be really big to qualify on its own.

How many employees in the company? You might be able to sign up for Volvo A-Plan if your company isn’t signed up already.

Not so sure an Alfa is going to be a great long distance highway car.

Maybe, not sure, but at the end of the day, a big conglmo, could care less if your car is fully loaded or not.

From my perspective, as long as it is safe, and the driver can handle emergencies / service without having his hand held, then we are good.

@Segeltorp is lucky to have the flexibility. Usually the deals are cut at a national level with little interest in spec other than price, safety and warranty features.

Say a Fusion Sport and I’d be quite OK!

Company size… Locally we are a $60M business with 100+ employees, and we are legally here in the US set up as a subsidiary of another sister company of the same size. We’re part of a private Italian business group with companies all over the globe, but there’s almost no coordination between the companies. Each local entity is run pretty much independent. As I did answer to some earlier questions, one reason for me to engage is that I think our GM will be free to make the decision if I make it easy for him. If I’d go suggesting that we were to buy 3 cars for $100k then for sure he’s need to go to Corporate and there’d be a whole raft of questions and very likely it’d all end up with “let’s just keep the old cars. What’s 140k miles on a car these days - we can surely get a few more years out of them!”

I haven’t checked Volvo - a number of other manufacturers require you to have a fleet of at least 10 cars for you to get signed up for a business fleet.

A-Plan is different from fleet. Fleet accounts get crummy leases, anyway, from what I’ve seen. Check your PM.

Do these leases need to just be in the company name, or can the driver’s sign as co-lessees?