My QX60 lease ends 7/21...What would you do?

I called regarding the 2022 as well and I’m due on 9/1 and they would not let me extend. Weird - I’ll try again.

According to others, you need to be within one month (or one payment) of maturity?

2 Likes

That is probably right as I only have one payment left for June

2 Likes

I ended up going through a broker and getting a 2021 honda pilot SE for $420/mth (36/10k)

Still have the infinity which I will turn in after it is evaluated on Monday for wear and tear.

I probably should have held on longer since the actual end of my lease is like July 23rd (i confused it with June 23rd which is when my last pmt is due).

Can’t wait to get rid of it and be done.

Carvana made me a nice offer and the following day retracted because they noticed that infinity will not allow them to buy a lease. Thoughts on that?

1 Like

I just left the Infiniti dealership. My 2018 QX60 is up in Sept. I went in with the intention of leasing one of the deeply discounted 2020 models. We agreed on a car, and agreed on a price of $41k (MSRP was 50). But they would not offer a lease on it, only financing. So I too will be looking at other options.

I don’t know if any brand is still leasing 2020s.

2 Likes

Brokers here shared back in March that 3/31 would be the last day to lease a 2020 Signature (other trims had already been discontinued), IIRC.

3 Likes

Audi and Mercedes still have limited 2020 support.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

And that’s why I sometimes quietly embed some ambiguity in what I post here. :wink:

1 Like

Do you have any info on why Infiniti would not let them buy the car?

Nmac is no longer accepting any 3rd party buy outs

1 Like

Ally Financial I believe will still do a lease

1 Like

As a note, I called today and got a 3 month extension on my 2018 QX60 with a lease that ends on 7/7.

2 Likes

honestly, the later model qx60s had all the bugs worked out on the CVTs, the 2013 and 2014s where horrible. I wouldnt worry so much about them now. Just make sure to change the fluid every 60k miles.

surprisingly nissan was ok with leasing me a 2020 leaf as of 2 weeks ago…

thats good to know. was thinking about shopping my wife’s qX60 around to all the usual suspects. I’ll save my time then. Thanks!!

My lease also ending in Aug 2021, called the Nissan finance department, the payoff quote doesn’t include your security deposit. So if you have security deposit with them then the payoff will be Quote - Security Deposit. Carvana showing 34K for my QX60 and payoff with taxes before security deposit is $32K. I am planning to buy and then sell it to Carvana for 2K profit. Any issues you guys see in this calculation?

“This letter is confirmation of a payoff quote in the amount of $31,945.88 (includes sales tax) for the above referenced vehicle. If applicable, the payoff has been reduced as a result of NILT’s retention of the security deposit.”

They also told me that they can extend my lease by a month or two not more than that.

That sure sounds like your msds have been applied to the payoff.

The person I spoke to said they don’t include, amount shown in the payoff doesn’t include security deposit. Also my residual in purchase document was $29,585.

May be worth calling back and talking to someone else, since what they’ve provided you in writing as part of the payoff sure seems to say otherwise.