Mustang Mach E - California

The build back better act, which is currently being considered, contains a new ev credit. It appears to go directly to the taxpayer and can be applied as a point of sale rebate on a purchase or lease.

Currently, the 7500 goes to the lessor, who decides to pass on an equivalent incentive, or not. Ford does not currently.

If the act passes, it appears that it would make incentives available for Mach e leases.

I have seen articles saying the tax credit would be point of sale and I have seen articles saying it would become a refundable tax credit. Not sure who has the correct info.

It has flipped so many times in the last few months until it is SIGNED, you really don’t know.

2 Likes

Yeah I understand. The articles are post the recent bill update from yesterday. No sure exactly how the current write up reads, apparently the media doesn’t as well. Conflicting info.

Of course it is , news outlets have to read a huge document that part is on pages 1020-1040 I believe. That’s 20 pages that they won’t read.
And will change when it hits the Senate.

The bill language allows you to elect either

Thanks. Had read the same in regards to the current legislation. This was the factor which put me in a position to at least take a chance on ordering a Mach E and maybe things will be okay in May.

Ford might pass on the value in a lease

We might get the instant rebate on Ford Options if the legislation language is written and approved in that specific manner. I really think with all the fight in Washington in the last month. Everything in the bill is a crapshoot presently. More hoping that 18 months into production Ford does what is right for all market place participants. They get back to the place they need to make market share volume.

Ford hope your reading this. You will definitely have people who are following these forums.

Would not be buying vechicles this small; aka the Mach E its the credits that have made them a viable option. Will be buying MDX full size SUVs when they are electric as a second car. In Cali with the HOV lanes this is a must for some of us based on where we live.

Ford you only get a small window of 2 years to make this marketshare a success. Your business is volume, pay off your infrastructure investments as fast as possible so you can compete in the next generation. Even if you only get $5500 back for the $7500 credit; your still having your industry subsidized. The federal budget is enabling you to fight off the Chinese take 50% of the US market with EVs by 2030.

Save yourself in the big picture take the cash flow for your infrastructure.

Not likely, don’t bet on it. It’s not ford’s call it’s ford’s financing arm. Besides, they pass the rebate already via balloon financing with generous RVs.

The persons who’s time is valuable enough to read these forums doesn’t have the power to make these calls.

I think, Ford will find your most educated opinion absolutely invaluable.

Funny, just there are 25 EVs coming out next year. Telsa will finally have some major competition.

Ford has to be a top player domestically. We signed China into the WTO. It was the worst or
Most expensive transaction in the history of mankind. Allowing them unlimited access to our consumption market place without a balanced access to their financial market place with an open traded currency.

They can beat us at cost basis. If we dont have at least the ability to be nearly cost competitive in EVs by 2030. America share of the auto industry and all the industithat supply it will end up in perpetual decline by 2035.

If you basing that number on the video you posted, many of those are already out.

Sure, but its just the first wave.

In 2023 we are going to start getting full size SUVs Explorer and MDX 7 seaters get electrified.

2024 GMC and RAM pickups will get EV versions.

2025 the large 8 seater SUVs will have EV options.

Only maybe the minivans might be last; there will be multiples of more than the 25 options next year three years out. especially as the brand participants try to play catch-up that are behind.

there will be a point where model selection supply over reaches demand; or consumer psychology adjustment.

Probably will be a time mid+ in the decade where the dealers are begging to give away EVs.

Just trying to say firms that will do well are the ones who’s factories have been paid for to afford to make a more appealing product. The ones who’s plants are on their second fully high volume second generation of production.

Its not usually who is right that wins. It is who is first.

Tough to tell but i think pages 1254 and 1257 say a dealer can be assigned your tax credit and then be paid quickly by the IRS in advance payments. None of this really applies next year its the year after.

Page 1240 is where all the ev credit language starts.

There’s several threads discussing the details of the proposed bill. Let’s keep the conversation about it there.

1 Like

Funny.

Will see how it plays out. Purchased Oct 29 2021. Says 28 weeks + on the Ford site; so at 29 weeks. Saying delivery about May 20, 2022.

With Zillow dumping all of its houses. With the FOMC meeting this week Wednesday to validate its date when it will stop tapering; printing money and buying down the Bond markets aka lowing interest rates. With the last of the infrastructure bill going to be potentially voted in this week. We are definitely near the top of this bubble. With a 8% increase in the SP500. Probably early for the car to arrive in May to see the downside of economy and get the benefit in its negotiation from the macro.

Although will update on delivery times. And will tell how the financing plays out.

Can anyone confirm if the following website is correct? Is the EPA Classification for the Mustang Mach E “Small Station Wagons”

If so

All Mustang Mach E will no longer qualify for the state EV credits as of Feb 24 2022.

Is it also correct that a VW ID4…

is EPA Classified as a “Small Sport Utility Vehicle 2WD”

So the ID4 qualifies in California for the state credits but the Mustang excatly the same size does not? As of three weeks from now?

wow, the site doesn’t say the mustang is gone but the text says it is.

I wish I could get this rebate (I got 2) so I could be pissed about it.