Mustang for sale?

Does anyone have an older Mustang for sale with lower mileage that you don’t drive and want to get rid of? Looking for the following:
96-98 SVT Cobra
03-04 Mach 1 (manual only)
Open to 03+ Saleen

Been looking on all sites (cargurus, autotrader, BaT, C&B, facebook marketplace etc) and nothing is there for me. I came across an absolutely incredible and flawless '03 Mach 1 in grey this weekend that I was going to purchase, but someone else put up the money before I did. It’s a longshot but figured I’d ask. I do not mind a rebuilt title as long as all was done correctly. Bolt on mods are ok, just nothing crazy like NOS and a supercharger with 80 pound injectors on it.

Thanks!

Check the Mustang Club and see who’s selling one.

You have less of a chance here than you would on forums and Facebook groups. These are specialized Mustangs and I’m guessing people hold onto low mileage examples for the “investment.”

2 Likes

03-04 cobra
Source : I been thru 4

That motor can take a beating the regular v8 2v is meh

That’s why I’d rather have the cobra or Mach 1. I had a mystic cobra that I sold like 12 years ago and regret it. It was incredible fun, I drove that thing like a schmuck, had straight pipes on it so it would sound like an atomic bomb went off every time I’d start it.
The saleen is meh, I’ve just always LOVED the way they looked.

1 Like

Keep eyes on market section of SVTPerformance forums.

Signed, a 3 time 03/04 Cobra owner.

3 Likes

Except those people selling on there want a ridiculous amount
I sold one in 2021 during Covid
I was the 04 2nd owner 33k miles for 22k :clown_face:

3 Likes

it’s crazy to see how these cars have appreciated, facebook marketplace might be your best bet, or even craigslist, maybe and older person who doesn’t have facebook has something listed there.

True. Some deals to be had on Mach’s though. Kind of the redheaded stepchild of that site. Same with the S197 Shelby’s (not sure if that changed…been off there for a long time).

All 3 of mine were interesting color combo sub 50k mile coupes with clean history unlike the majority of trash out there. Sold them for such a deal when looking at todays values but hey hindsight is always 20/20. Had my fun and never lost on any of them so it was gravy.

Those cars were seriously such a blast. Absolute garbage build quality but crazy amount of fun. The sweet spot was a ported Eaton and boltons IMO. Fun, reliable, and not totally stupid like the twin screw cars.

Fond memories include clicking 5th while roll racing a GTO and losing sleep over potential headtick the next morning, 3rd gear rolling burnouts, and violent 40 rolls. Good times.

2 Likes

The 500 club :sunglasses:

Been searching for a 99-04 mustang body v6
Add cobra front/rear bumper
Such a mean look

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 3