Moving from NJ to SC. Registering car on new state and keeping the lease or selling to Carvana?

, ,

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2019 Kia Niro lease with 12 months left. I am moving from NJ to SC.
My monthly payment is 244, turn in fee is 400$ and lease end buyout fee 300$.
Buyout Quote is 18900 I am not sure if It includes the fee, I assume it does.
Carvana quote is 19900 adding up the mileage that I would add driving 700 more miles going from NJ to SC.
I think I would pay around 500-1000$ in fees in SC(Rough estimate).

Trying to decide between keeping the lease or selling for positive equity and getting a lease/buying in SC.
If I register on the new state I will need to get a new car next year as well so I feel like paying twice for registering doesn’t make much sense especially with positive equity.

Thanks everyone.

If you have a positive equity position and don’t need the car for the move itself, then sell it, move, and get a new car.

Only consideration I can think of is that you might want to look into deals in that region and make sure you’ll be able to get something in your new ZIP code for the price you want before you ultimately pull the trigger.

Yes that is the next step. I will need the car for the move. I want to find a place before getting a new car. I don’t want to sell and rent a car because then I am paying back the positive equity for the rental fees.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.