Monthly Cars to Hack Thread *JUNE*

Second this.

When I first browsed this site it was easy to see what deal possibilities are out there. Now it is a nightmare of digging through threads. A weekly or Monthly summary just like this would be amazing.

Does this forum platform allow wikis?

Flyertalk allows members to edit wikis once they reach 90 posts.

I think that’s the only way this could work. Stuff gets lost in threads too easily.

1 Like

I do edit the wikis, they are under the FAQ section. I’ve kept the bmw wiki up to date with everything I know and info I’ve gleamed from aforementioned bmw David, anyone with a certain trust rating can edit (ie regular member).

4 Likes

Would you mind sharing a link to this discussion, have always wondered this myself

Great. Thanks for volunteering to do it weekly

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 2

We should make this a wiki then. A standard format that members can edit/post.

Maybe we could consider a dedicated sub-forum where everyone could post the deals they’ve achieved, complete with details, so people can easily look through what’s possible. Somewhere people could share their deals and/or tips.

We could even do a truncated thread with just a brief detail and picture. Maybe we could call it the “souvenir stable”.

14 Likes

Sounds too similar to the trophy garage, no?

1 Like

Crap, you’re right. We’ll have to come up with a better name.

4 Likes

Achievement Alley?

1 Like

And you also forgot Share Deals, but I think you’ve already figured out @mllcb42’s sarcasm

2 Likes

Educate to replicate is my take on this site.

With that said, a monthly hack thread is cool but think Of the monthly cycle, many people won’t realize what is good until end of the month and the thread would get confusing between an S60 residual and a Honda Accord rebate all in the last few days of the month.

I’ve noticed excellent replicated deals come from a perfect storm of things and don’t usually get repeated the next month or throughout the year. Unicorns are just that so take that out of the commentary. In conclusion it would be difficult but not impossible. I would however recommend it be done by manufacturer and lead by anyone with fast knowledge of the deals early on.

Example:

Bmw June thread - started by someone who has all or most numbers and can easily figure the 5 and 7 serious would be great this month for leasing.

3 Likes

I won’t deny that convenience is a factor, or that what you’re saying is absolutely correct. But just take a look at the FAQ section. 16 posts. Ever. That right there should tell you the dissimilarity between knowledge being readily available/ well organized, and having to dig to find all the answers.

Sorry guys! I’ve been lurking and not posting on LH for a while but this one I had to respond.

IMHO, the basics of leasing have been shared here in such great detail that if you just search, you have the resources to get a great deal. I can guarantee that.
To prove my point, if LH closed off to adding new posts right now, could anyone deny that this place would still be a huge resource to so many people studying leases? The core group of members are here for fellowship based on something we have in common. Besides the marketplace, LH is not as much about sharing deals you can get, but deals that others have gotten.

I would say, 90% of the posters here aren’t even actively looking for leases (out of necessity), yet they post almost daily and are here to share info and give insight.
On the other hand, 90% of the visitors here see a unicorn deal, screenshot it and email it to the dealer to replicate “their friend’s” deal.

People that are well versed in leases know creating a thread of deals every month is a logistical nightmare as there are too many variables, let alone a challenge to upkeep once a week. Hell, even reading and posting on threads here weekly would be a chore for 99% of us.

I could be wrong, but I think what some people want is a list of unicorn deals every month to see what they should go for. Once a visitor gets their lease, I bet it’s 20 or 32 months before we see them here again. If you’re saying creating a thread like this is a good idea, how often would you check the thread after you signed your contract?

Sorry to say this but put in some work, have real expectations, and do research. No one will have the same situation as you (budget, timeframe, region, car make, model, color, and trim level, credit score, and all that). See what’s out there and create a deal that fits your research.

If you don’t want to, then use a broker. Nothing wrong with stimulating our economy. You get a great deal and are helping their business!

15 Likes

I think the general consensus this month is everything is very “meh”, other than some European farts cars, inventory levels are too low to hack a smoking deal.

3 Likes

2019 Mercs are still being leased at solid discounts. I had one dealer share here in norcal all 2019s discounted 15-25% off, depending on model. Others have also shared deals with high discounts on going into 20% before incentives.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

Negative. This is a good time to score a great deal on a leftover of a leftover.

Looking at you :eyes: etron

Thats a negative ghostrider on the ETron. Base MF went up to 0.00173! , and dealers aren’t blowing out/bending over for a deal, more than happy to take one for sub 300.

2 Likes