Hyundai Santa Fe Money factor negotiation

I’m in NJ. Looking lease my third Hyundai either a Palisade SE or Santa Fe SEL. Hyundai has notoriously awful money factor. Has anyone successfully negotiated this component of the lease (aside from MSDs)?

from base or dealer marked up?

Buy rate MF is non-negotiable.
Marked up mf is, although you’re better off negotiating a commensurate discount instead.

5 Likes

You can’t go below buyrate MF.

Try to replicate this regardless of whether they mark up the MF and discount it enough to achieve a similar payment

I may be naive, how do I determine if the dealer is marking up the MF? They told me 0.00218 when I went in the other day.

Find the Edmunds lease forum for your particular make and model and ask with your zip code for the term and mileage.

They’ll usually hit you with base mF, residual, and any lease incentives you may qualify for (not a complete list though)

2 Likes

If you are leasing from the manufacture and ask the sales manager what the money factor is directly from the manufacture they usually tell you. I sometimes wonder if they lie or not.

The dealer will generally tell you the mf they’re using. They don’t usually tell you what buy rate is. You should know what buy rate is before you ever have a conversation with a dealer about what mf they’re using anyway.

1 Like

Really, they are under no obligation to tell you what buy rate really is and just what they’re giving everyone. It can be inflated, but you’ll have no way of knowing without finding out ahead of time.

Do not recommend using the dealership as a source of information for the buy rate.

1 Like

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Santa Fe Limited AWD
MSRP: $41,820
Selling Price: $35,655
Monthly Payment: $424
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00128
Residual: 62%
Incentives: $1250
Region: NJ
Leasehackr Score: 9.7
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Hyundai&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=41820&sales_price=35655&months=36&mf=0.00128&dp=0&dealer_fee=699&acq_fee=650&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=62&reg_fee=513&sales_tax=6.625&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&bmw_demo_25=true&dealerFee_check=false&govFee_check=false

Please edit your thread category to “ask the Hackrs”

Have you confirmed rv/mf/incentives with edmunds? How does the pre-incentive discount compare to other deals you’ve researched here in the shared deals and marketplace threads?

RV/MF/Incentives are confirmed. This deal was over the phone, he told me $6165 savings and then called back to say they will do better when I go there (I know it’s typical). Sounds like he’s bundling incentives and discount together, need to get clearer picture on that. He did say he would sell the car at invoice, I’d like to do a little better than that.

I would expect invoice on this to be a good bit above $35655, so this makes me think that there is something hidden going on here.

I always hope they will get better when I step in the dealership…still hoping lol

1 Like

Following as I’m looking at the same vehicles this weekend - hoping to roll some lease equity into there

Don’t. Keep the transactions separate.

Invoice on a $41,820 Santa Fe Limited is $40,408. There’s $1,412 between MSRP and invoice on this car.

There’s one with that exact MSRP on the ground in NJ and its red in color. Below the point of dealer’s profit, where they’re losing money, this car is $500/month ($500 DAS, 35 more of $500, 36/10k, NJ zip).

I think something’s up with your calculator, or there are hidden fees somewhere. The $440 payment is $2k behind invoice. Keep in mind there’s a big difference in price between the 2020s and 2021s.

If you can get this car at $440 with $440 drive-off, take it and post the deal contract here! That’s an incredible deal for the 2021 Limited in current market conditions.

Sign and drive

Final deal:

Santa Fe Limited

$390 sign and drive and they threw in 3yrs tire protection

1 Like