Signed: 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.0T AWD - MSRP $38,025 - $312/mo incl tax. $372 DAS. 36/12k

Signed this morning on a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.0T AWD. Dark Blue (Stormy Sea) with Black interior. Car also has the Convenience & Premium Packages including the panoramic sunroof.

Thank you SO much to everyone in this forum. I’ve mostly been a lurker over the years. Signed my first LH-inspired deal about 3 years ago on a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is the car I’m getting out of. I had seen some of the Carvana/Vroom threads a few weeks back so I started looking into what I could get offered with my 7 remaining payments. My first offer from Vroom was about $2,600 over my buyout and Carvana was about $1,900. Knowing I could make a little bit of money, I began the search for my new car.

I used the Edmunds forum to find the MF, Residual, Incentives, etc. on the 2 different trims SEL/Limited and 2 different engines 2.4L & 2.0T. I found that the 2.0T with AWD had a 4% higher RV than any of the other models. Plus, in my zip (Ohio) there was an additional $3250 in lease cash, which was also higher than the others. I then hit CarGurus to search for the make/model/trim/engine so I could find a few target vehicles and also know how long they’ve been on each dealer’s lot. I identified 2 that I was really interested in.

Armed with all of my info, I called a dealer about 2 hours away. He tried to tell me that there weren’t any incentives on the car and that he could get me a great deal if I wanted to finance it. I immediately moved on from him and called another dealer about 45 minutes away on the other car. We had a great convo but he was giving me $350+ monthly numbers. The one piece of info he gave me though was that the vehicle was actually at their sister dealership and that it was only on their website because they shared online inventory. I took that and decided to just call that other dealership directly. After a quick conversation with someone at the new dealership, he called me back about 5 minutes later and said they couldn’t quite hit the deal I was going for but that they could get it to within $7 of my target monthly. I ran it by the wife just to make sure I didn’t get crap from her for the next 36 months and then picked it up this morning. Paperwork took less than 15 minutes and the whole process couldn’t have been easier. I actually waited longer for them to get everything ready in the finance office.

Upon refreshing my Carvana/Vroom numbers this week, my Carvana offer went up another $2k so I accepted their number and am currently going through that process as well.

I tried to get the calculator as close as I could, but I’m not totally sure where I messed it up. When I originally plugged in my numbers the monthly was telling me $331 with $391 DAS. I lowered the selling price to get to the correct monthly/drive-off.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.0T AWD
MSRP: $38,025
Selling Price:$34,070.11 (10.4% off MSRP)
Monthly Payment: $312 including tax
Drive-Off Amount: $372 (first month + license fee)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00131
Residual: 62%
Incentives: $3250 lease cash
Region: Ohio
Leasehackr Score: 10.8 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

15 Likes

Nicely done, congrats. Was great reading your negotiation story:

Enjoy your ride!

To add:

LH calculator is not penny perfect in all scenarios. If you get within 100-200 to the total lease cost, that ok. Incentives could be untaxed and gov fees might be less that default 400.

This should be close with your pre-incentive discount:

3 Likes

That is a really well-equipped vehicle for ~$290+tax

1 Like

Thanks for sticking with the story and for the adjustment on my calculator. I appreciate it!

Thank you! Yeah, I really love the car so far, especially at the price. I didn’t think leather or a pano sunroof was really in my budget, but with the redesign on the 2021s making this an outgoing model (and it sitting on the dealer’s lot for 60+ days) it all ended up working out.

congratulations , great deal !

1 Like

Great deal, what is missing on the SEL that the Limited has?

Thanks! I’m sure there are more but here’s a pretty good rundown I just found…

“The Limited’s cabin gets some notable upgrades too. Just about everything that comes on the SEL 2.0T comes on the Limited. However, the driver seat gets 4-way power lumbar support, and there are leg cushion extenders for the driver. Other standard features include ventilated front seats, memory settings for the driver seat, heated rear seats, cargo area releases for the second row of seats, an 8-inch touchscreen display with built-in navigation, a surround view monitor, blind view monitor, a head-up display, a 3-year complimentary Blue Link Guidance Package, and premium door sill plates.”

I actually still have lumbar (though I don’t think it’s the 4-way) I also have cargo releases for the second row of seats and 3 years of complimentary Blue Link (aka Hyundai’s OnStar, remote start, and some other app specific features)

All in all, with the convenience & premium packages this 2.0T is pretty loaded.

Nice! We test drove a 2021 Limited today and think the SEL with Convenience and Premium would be perfect. I was impressed with the blind spot camera monitoring built into the digital gauge cluster.

Glad you liked it! Yeah, I feel like I’d love that feature (along with the ventilated seats) but my SEL was AWD and the Limiteds I was looking at were only FWD. There’s also a 4% difference in RV on the SEL (62% vs 58%) which made the numbers on the Limited around $380-$390ish. I was coming out of a Grand Cherokee lease at $305 and wanted to stay close to that number. Have you made a decision yet?

I still have 2 payments on my BMW left, so probably will wait until next month, maybe more rebates?