Money factor + loaners

Quick question to the forum… I am encountering this issue where almost all dealers are increasing MF for loaners, by quite a margin. latest one was for a GLC that was discounted 16% off of a MSRP of 45.9K, and the money factor was marked up from a base of .00079 to .00154. aka like almost 2x. to the point that after applying the 10 MSDs the MF was brought down to .00084 which was still higher than the base! They were completely unwilling to negotiate anything below that so i said thanks but no thanks.

This isn’t the first time this happens so not sure if i’m asking for too much for them to use the base MF, or if they’re just trying to screw me over?

If they aren’t willing to budge, move on to the next dealer. If all dealers are offering similar deals, then maybe that’s the current market for those vehicles.

1 Like

need to test the waters a bit more - just wanted to know what other people’s experience has been, and whether this was a known MB “trick”. the guy kept saying ‘well the discount offsets the high MF’ so i just dropped it and left … not worth my time.