Mods deliberately lie

Right so now we’re basing how a car performs in 2021 on completely different vehicles built 20 years ago. I see. Please.

Model for model, there is usually at least one thing as safe as the comparable Volvo. But the entire lineup prioritizes safety over everything else.

1 Like

I’m not comparing it to a Jeep I’m comparing it to other vehicles of similar type on the road. Your personal experience in a single crash is completely irrelevant. Again show me the data that you’re basing your claims on.

Then start your own thread. That isn’t the topic here.

2 Likes

Was talking about the 2011-2017 generation. Fat P for overlap crashes. Even the 2018-21 ascent has some decently sized flaws.

There’s a reason I shoved my father into a Volvo and myself into something else. I care, also he’s cheap and wanted a payment that started with 2.

Stop feeding the trolls. These guys know that given the choice they are putting loved one in a Volvo over a Jeep everytime. The question is how to get a great Volvo deal. I am in the exact same boat as this guy. Literally, it’s kind of freaky as I am assuming he is an attorney, too. Only difference is our family’s one car is Tesla M3 and I am not in Cali.

2 Likes

Just to put the xc90 safety discussion to rest with the actual data:

IIHS ranks the 2021 xc90 as “Top Safety Pick +”, rating it as one of the safest midsized suvs on the market. Joining it are the MDX, RDX, Q5, XT6, GV80, Nero, NX, GLE, and XC60. Absent from the top safety pick + and top safety pick list is any jeep products, at least in the midsized suv category.

Of those, the gv80 does rate “good” over “adequate” in a singular category, the side impact torso injury. The difference between “good” and “adequate” for iihs is fairly small, with good representing a 70% improvement over poor and adequate representing a 64% improvement over poor.

That would make the xc90 not the safest vehicle on the market, but certainly would make it among the safest. One could look at the ratings of the entire product line to substantiate or not the argument that Volvo as a brand are consistently the safest. Volvo does appear to be the only brand where every single vehicle is a top safety pick + in their respective categories.

The 4xe specifically has not been tested by iihs, but other wrangler models have been ranking significantly lower with “poor” and “marginal” ratings in several categories.

3 Likes

The Genesis also bests the volvo in crossing child and parallel adult front crash prevention.

Did you see Elon Musk mentioning Volvo in his Model S Plaid presentation referring to Volvo’s safety?
I think that’s big complement for Volvo.

1 Like

I see, so Elan tested the xc90 vs the gv80? If so I would love to see the results. My point is simply that that xc90 is not the safest vehicle in its class. This is based in IIHS data. If you have some actual data to the contrary, I would love to see it. Im sure there are other vehicles in this class that are also just as good or better than the volvo. Read the data.

IIHS rates all the Volvo products as among the safest products in their class, which is consistent with the above statements. The links to the data have been provided above. There is no need to continue hammering the topic, so let’s get back to the primary focus of the thread.

3 Likes

Why are you purposely misrepresenting the data. We are specifically talking about the xc90 vs others. If I am in an xc90 I dont care how volvo ranks as a whole vs other manufactures as a whole. The data is clear. IF you want the safest vehicle in the xc90 class, it is not the xc90. One example of a safer vehicle is the gv80 as it bests the xc90 in side impact torso injury AND further bests the volvo is accident avoidance which can pay incredible dividends in the future. I understand the need here for brokers and their friends to push volvo, but that doesnt trump the facts.

Why do you keep hijacking the thread?

No, only you wish to continue this inane conversation going. The rest of want to see if the OP caves and gets a minivan.

2 Likes

Awww, did I enrage you? This is the internet…

I’ve split the Volvo safety discussion and moved it to the Off Ramp.

Please keep that discussion here.

@hd908 you can edit the title of this to whatever you want, I just put a placeholder (edit: great title :+1:)

I love how the mods here deliberately lie, move posts and change topics. Block discussion.
I think time has come for a competing website. Run cleaner and smoother.

Why did you lie in the topic you created?

Cost is not the question at issue.

You can edit it to whatever you want.

Someone else asked a question and we are trying to answer that. This (gestures) has nothing to do with their question.

Within the TOS, say whatever you want here.

Yes, but why did YOU change it to something false to begin with? What is your motive?