Minivan suggestions?

in case other folks are looking at this segment…
i’m also lookng at the ford transit connect and the mercedes metris now…

2 Likes

You want something “better packaged” than a Sienna LE so you’re looking at two commercial vehicles with passenger seats hastily bolted in?

5 Likes

Pacifica PHEV is in the 40s once broker discounts and Fed EV discount are added in.

I have sorento hybrids and phev at msrp. Also just listed this 25th anniversary sienna

I was hoping not to go ‘there’, but if the oldsters are already having access issues, it gets worse over time, and mobility becomes more wheel-related (as in roller-walker, wheel chair). If OP is expected to do more than an occasional sunday brunch with the 'rents, I’d plan on a larger van, and entertain a lift. Bolted mid seats leave options. What works now, may not work in 6-9 months.

1 Like

thanks. yes, looking at wav’s got me looking at the more work van-ish options…
and yeah, my parents are those ones who would immediately scoff at cloth interior so even the ‘leatherette’ options from mb or even the ford would ‘satisfy’ them…

1 Like

I’ve been hearing about “the death of the minivan” for years now but it’s funny that today, most minivans have very high markups.

I must confess I drove several minivans for many years and absolutely love the utility and size of them but always wondered that if people really preferred that SUV form factor… why not make more but with sliding doors.

I know there were attempts… and I remember the Explorer concept with sliding rear doors but I feel like it could have been more popular if someone designed it better. Concepts for the Ioniq 7 and EV 8 have reverse open rear doors… why not just make them sliding?

I think they are still a better execution than the Model X Falcon Wing doors.

figured to give everyone an update…
ended up getting an honda odyssey elite from carmax… 2022 with less than 4k miles for a couple of grands under msrp. not a new car, not a lease, but I think it was the right deal for my family.

4 Likes