Minivan suggestions?

as my folks are getting older and have health concerns, i’m thinking about getting a minivan for the family due to the fact it seems easier for them to get in and out of the vehicle…

initially I was hoping to get the sienna, but as we all know cars are in short supply now and it’s difficult to find a sienna/odyssey for purchase. in fact, I can’t even find a kia carnival with the vip seating in southern california… there was only one pacifica… and I just can’t justify the 60k price tag on a pacifica…

what are some other options you guys would recommend? are there off the beaten path vehicles with availability that i’m not thinking about?

thanks!!

You can get a Pacifica below 60k. The plug in comes with 7.5k federal money until end of year.

1 Like

The minivan sector has been greatly condensed in the last few years. I can’t think of any other minivans on the market other than the HonYotaKiaSler quadfecta.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

Order a Sienna or Carnival.

Used Mazda5

If its just three of you, look at a Honda Element used, its tall and very roomy in the back

Sliding doors with their large openings would be beneficial here.

Elements have tiny rear door openings

3 Likes

I guess you’ve never owned one.
Tiny Rear DOORS, but not tiny openings
When open the front door you are already partway into the back seat.

Pic shows that the front seat folded down only the headrest is touching the rear seat.

Good clearance, easy in / out access (Though back seat cannot be exited while the front door is closed. It’s the perfect car for people who need room.

Of course does this beat a Honda Minivan with power doors? No. But it’s the perfect car for driving gramps around to do shopping.

That has got to be the miniest of minivans.

3 Likes

“Open the front door so I can get out,” said no rear seat passenger ever.

3 Likes

Engineers and their silly details!

1 Like

Versus that Saturn that had 3 doors if I remember right.

This car was suggested for easy access for the elderly…doors who needs doors…said many people who thought that a 2 door car could hold 4 people. It’s cheap and you don’t hit your head when you get in and no one can complain about the rear legroom. Not too many cars can claim that. So what if them pesky (suicide doors) exist.

It also fits the 10k car definition pretty well too.

My BIL at 6-2, fit in the back of my Mini Clubman, but the wife was always with us, so her door was first to open, then the suicide door…it was just known to wait a few extra seconds.

Fit means he can contort properly to get in, in the elderly, bending the head is pretty painful sometimes.
I sat in the back of a Kia EV6 and kept whacking my head on the frame. And I’m not a tall guy but I don’t like to contort to sit in a car either.

A Van does check off all of those requirements…just gave the Element as a low cost suggestion.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions…. Yeah… my folks aren’t in the best of health so sliding door/easy access is priority right next to comfy seats. Probably the first time when speed/performance/driving pleasure takes a back seat to intended audience (in my car buying)

Used element is an interesting idea…. Although initially I ruled out suvs because they tend to be a taller ride.

Was looking at a carnival yesterday and dealer markup was 15k…. Crazy crazy market.

Wait until the vw bus is available? Lol.

1 Like

and you thought a 15k Markup was crazy…lol That bus is going to be out of reach for at least 6 months.

2 Likes

@Jrouleau426 has a Sienna LE AWD at MSRP landing in November. $500 fee. Take that and run.

Cash out the equity when you find the real mini van you want.

MSRP is $42000

2 Likes

Have you thought about one of the Subaru’s that sit a little higher than a sedan but lower than a full suv?

Good value, possible discounts, though purchase is usually the way to go on those.

1 Like

Sienna le plus msrp+1k 42k msrp

Jim
215-359-6836

thanks jim,
i’m looking for something a bit better packaged but appreciate the heads up.