Mercedes Lease Question

As some of you already know, I am currently leasing a 2018 CLA 250 since last June. For my next car, I want to finance a 2019 C63s Coupe. That being said, will I be able to “terminate” my lease early if I find a C63s that I am interested in getting before my lease is over? Also, I have curb damage on 3 of the wheels will they look past that since I am staying with the company?

No and nope

Mercedes does pull ahead which usually varies between 3-5 months. There is also $500 waiver for damage when you get a new MB. Until you reach the pull ahead period you can’t terminate unless you transfer or buy it out.

1 Like

Thanks, I also don’t get charged the $600 for the turn in correct?

Yes dispo is waived

1 Like

If you lease a vehicle or acquire a new MB and finance it through MB Financial this fee will be waived. If you are acquiring a used vehicle or financing the vehicle through another lender, they will try to stick you with the fee. As far as rim damage is concerned, I turned in a E63 and a CLS400 with rim rash and I was not financially penalized. The rim rash was very minor, so you might go ahead and have it fixed (depending on the damage it cost about $150 per rim).

I’ve purchased and leased a combined 15 MB vehicles, so I speak from experience.

Thanks for the insight! Well it will be a used vehicle (under 20k miles). Any tips on how to avoid that fee?

You still have 2 years on the lease, you wont get a pull ahead.

The few options that come to mind are leaseswap or buyout/resell to carmax, vroom, etc… Only being 12 months into a 36 month it may be tough to get any positive equity, but maybe if you offer an incentive on leaseswap, someone will pick it up (but to be honest, the payment is kind of high).

Going from a CLA250 to a C63s is a big difference, how come such a large change?

Ballers want to ball.

3 Likes

wasnt judging, just was curious :slight_smile:

I plan on driving it for another year and a half, at that point I’ll be 2.5 years deep into the lease.

CLA was just a beginner car after a few years I started driving. But, being behind the wheel of a GTR, E63s, 570GT, 2 Huracans you can see how it’s not really that big of a jump after experiencing that sort of power. :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay :laughing:

1 Like

You just need to stand firm and tell them that you will do a deal, under the condition that they waive the turn in fee. Make sure you diligently review your new lease or bill of sale, because some dealerships will try to add the turn in fee and hope you don’t notice.

The turn in fee has nothing to do with the dealership. I suggest you don’t spread misinformation. MB financial charges the fee and it is waived for all customers who obtain another MB. Has zero to do with the dealership.

5 Likes

Where they will laugh at you in the manager’s office for not understanding how a disposition fee works, and tell you “sure thing” to make it seem like they are doing you a favor, when in actuality, everyone gets that same benefit.

1 Like

It is not waived automatically if you do not use MB financial to finance your new or used vehicle, as this is what I was told from MB financial (I’ve leased over 10 MB vehicles the past 15 years). I was just trying to bring awareness, as the dealership might try to say they will waive the fee and fee shows up after you sign off on the deal and you receive the invoice from MB weeks later.

I turned in my CLS this past spring and was going to buy a used CLS they had on the lot, as my son is now driving. I asked if MB would waive the fee if I purchased the certified CLS? The salesman walked me to the manager and posed my inquiry. The manager said no problem, we’ll waive the fee. Mercedes Benz was offering 1.99% on certain models and I requested a quote to finance the vehicle for 3 years, based on an 845 credit score. The proposal stated that my interest rate was going to be 3.75%, which I was ok with. The next day, I go to pick the vehicle up and my interest rate was near 8%. I told them that there is no way that I will do this deal. I called my credit union and had the loan in approximately 45 minutes with an interest rate of 3.45%. After obtaining financing through my credit union, the dealership informed me that they can longer get my turn in fee waived. I told them no deal, so they said we’ll write you a check for half. To make a long story short, they ended up selling the vehicle to someone else while I was trying to avoid paying the turn in fee.

I don’t believe my intention was to spread misinformation, I was just trying to provide some insight from my experience. Like I said, I’ve leased a lot of vehicles and never had an issue with the fee being waived, so long as I leased another vehicle through MB financial. My acquisition experience was completely different and I was a bit blindsided, so I thought I would offer my experience.

1 Like

That’s the only time is it waived. If buying used and financing outside of MBFS, a dealer cannot get the disposition fee waived. They can offer to “pay” it for you, but that is separate from your lease deal with MBFS.

3 Likes

Exactly. I was obtuse to this fact, so I was trying to bring awareness.

1 Like