Mercedes Lease not adding up on the calculator. Did I get hosed?

that’s something I didn’t think about. But is it not cheaper to finance that car with the same amount down?

Why because of taxes ?

Because the cost of the lease doesn’t change. You can pay the 48k up front and have 0 payments.

1 Like

No, because your selling price wasnt $17k under msrp.

You got $3200 under msrp, not $17k under msrp.

But isn’t the adjusted capitalized cost on the lease reflect the selling price? It shows that on the lease I uploaded

No, the selling price is the agreed upon value listed in section 6a.

The adjusted cap cost is the gross cap cost (selling price plus any capitalized add ons/fees/extras) less any cap cost reductions.

Is it possible that whatever extra equity you got they were going to give you a discount if you didn’t have a trade? I don’t know the answer, but I’m generally skeptical as the money has to come out of somewhere.

If some :fireworks::sparkler: were to total your car right now that 14k goes poof just like that.

To be fair I made the same mistake before joining LH, but know better now. Read up on the many numerous resources the forum has to offer so you can do better next time.

Enjoy the car and post pics!

3 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me how often people find this place and post here AFTER the contract is signed

1 Like

I cannot speak for the OP but some folks like myself did a lease on their own focused on monthly payment or sell price of a car and they “think” they did it right but there are few other pitfalls you get caugh in. LH is like confession, you confess your lease sins here lol

Enjoy the car. It is a beautiful SUV.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone at OP

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put any money down. Instead use that $3K toward your monthly payments over the life of the lease. MB usually will offer a new lease about 3 months before end of lease which also adds to a cost saying.

2 Likes