Mercedes lease end buyout to 3rd party question

I have about sixty days until my Mercedes’ lease matures. I have about $16,000 in positive equity. A Mercedes’ Benz customer service representative mentioned that I am unable to sell to third party dealerships. Does anyone know when Mercedes’ changed the rule on third party sales and if there is anyway around this?

It was a while ago… maybe 6-9 months. Doesn’t really matter though, could have been last week and the outcome remains the same.

1 Like

You can buy it out yourself and sell it to whomever you want or you can sell it to an MB dealer/someone that can process it through an MB dealer.

1 Like

3 Ways out of this

• Give to the current dealer for free and lose all the equity
  • Negotiate a buyout with ALL the local Merc dealers and maybe lose 10k in equity
  • Buy it out yourself and lose at least 2k in equity due to Taxes and Fees and possible market drop.
1 Like

Thank you.

I appreciate the help.

I was in the same position. Just bought the lease out myself. Paid $4k in taxes and stil ended up way ahead. Prices did drop waiting for the title so lost a little more that way. But its the only way really. DNA Wholesale on this site claims to be able to buyout 3rd party but I don’t have any experience with them.

1 Like

Forgot #4, go to the main leasehackr site and put your vin into EquityHackr and see what they offer.

1 Like

Quit throwing numbers out of your ass.

You have no idea what the delta will be between a MB dealer buyout and a personal buyout with taxes followed by a third party sale.

That’s why I said maybe. He asked for a list and a list is what he got. I never said those were exact numbers.

1 Like

Forget about being exact. Those numbers are completely made up.

I am not arguing with the troll over hypotheticals. If I’m 100% wrong we can discuss but not over hypotheticals.

1 Like

Where is the area to put the vin to get equity number ?

Right on the main page

But remember that’s only 1 source of Equity, going around to dealers and using Carmax Carvana, Vroom etc are others.

Don’t forget about AutoNation. They have Mercedes’ stores and can buy it.

1 Like

Are you all bringing the cars in person? Is this a half day event ?

I think the real question here is what Mercedes has 16k of equity at lease end, even in todays market…

From Posters history it might be an E-300

an e300 does not have 16k in it.

1 Like

Oh then it was the CLS450…like his name.