Mercedes Lease buyout amount and timeline in NJ?

Hello LH community. I currently reside in NJ and the car is also leased in NJ. I have $37119 payoff amount of my current mercedes and was wondering if I need to pay sales tax when I try to pay it off. I have still 17 months remaining but I want to purchase the vehicle now.

Also, how long does it take for me to get the title of the car if I decide to purchase the car??
Any advice is appreciated.
thanks!!

Yes, when you try to buyout, mbfs will give you a payoff amount including sales taxes. I got my title within 15 days of payoff.

It’s very delayed right now, last I heard.

don’t pay it off until the end. benz often charges a pre-payment penalty for early buyout.

1 Like

any update of your car? kind of same situation here.
Do they charge you any fee for early buyout?

Yep. There is an early buyout fee. For me I had about 17 months remaining and they charged me ~$1700. So I shopped around and sold my car to a mercedes dealership. No early buyout fee through a dealer!

they have the same payoff you do, except yours has tax, so that’s not correct.

I compared the total buyout side by side. Maybe the dealer had their own calculation but dealer’s buyout was ~1700 cheaper.

Awesome! Does the money you get = car current value(decided by MB) - monthly payment *17 – lease buy out price(the one showed in your original lease contract)?