Mercedes GLS 450 Lease Help

Howdy, Help me negotiate a Mercedes GLS 450 lease. I know it’s the worst time to be leasing a car but i’m kind of stuck (i actually need 2 cars). Here is what i am looking at

MSRP: $91,590
MF: .0023 (I know terrible but haven’t started negotiating yet)
Residual 55%
looking at a 36 month 10k lease, just drive offs
sales tax is 8.25% for my area 92054
This will be a 100% business write off (I claim the Nanny’s car as my DD)

Where should I start? I’m pretty sure the 1% rule isn’t going to work :slight_smile: Sales rep isn’t really willing to work the deal over the phone so i’m going to have to go onto their turf and battle it out at the dealership. Just want to be prepared.

Have you confirmed the base MF and RV from Edmunds or is the above what the dealer gave you?

Don’t waste time and effort trying to beat the dealer up over the MF, just build a target deal based on your research (payment and DAS) and let the dealer figure out if they can make it work or not.

In the current market there’s not much help to give, these are going for at or close to sticker.

Start building your target deal, yes it will be very ugly, but post a link and we can help you refine it.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

Here is what i put together based off of edmunds research

If that’s your target deal, which although is a horrible lease seems in line with the market, then forget about whether the dealer wants you to come in or not or anything else. Tell them you will be in to sign today if they can get to $1340/mo with $2700 DAS.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a bad deal when there are no incentives. I just don’t know when the market will turn. I can wait but i can’t a year

Have you reached out to any brokers or @Calvin.MB ?

1 Like

Just messaged him. I tried one but he can only work at MSRP.

A dealer with a GLS giving MSRP and buy rate is probably mighty tough to find at this time… and if you do get that, it’s probably the best deal at this time. Just an ugly buyer’s market now. GLWT

2 Likes

MSRP and buy is solid.

I was able to pull off ~3% dealer discount, 3 year maintenance, plus $1k affinity, buy rate, on a $84K GLS last week here on Long Island. Just a few weeks earlier, discounts were double that amount. These are selling very quickly. If you find something, don’t hesitate.

Do you really need a GLS right now? Why not get a cheaper SUV?

I am unable to help on GLS at the moment

Of course i don’t NEED a Mercedes. My only real requirement from the wife is a 3rd row. I’ve narrowed it down to the Mercedes GLS, New Grand Cherokee L or Tesla model x. The Mercedes is the only one that is somewhat readily available

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.