Mercedes GLB Lease-end purchase questions

Hello Hackers,

I have 3 year GLB lease coming to an end(Jan 29th) and I intend to purchase the vehicle given very low mileage and very high lease rates going on.I have a few questions on how to go about it:

1. I had the PPM when I signed the lease which covered for all the 3 car services. How should I go about this after I buy the car? Shall I purchase the maintenance from the dealer ( what would be the right purchase price) and what all should I look into buying from maintenance perspective?

2. Dealer has been in contact with me but as far as I know if I want to purchase the car, I can just directly deal with MBFS and pay the amount without involving dealer into it.

3. My last servicing is due this month, since I had taken wear and tear package as well, should I look into getting anything done to the car with the last chance of coverage perspective?

4. Anything else I should be looking into before I complete the purchase?

I might not be asking the right questions here, please excuse and I am happy to edit my questions based on the feedback from the community. Thank you.

Lease Details:
Mercedes GLB 250 2021 AWD
MSRP - ~49k ( parking assist, 3rd row etc)
PPM and lease care included as well.
Lease ending - 01/29/2024
Monthly payment (incl tax) - 405 (12k miles/year)
No MSDs and first month DAS. No Down payment.
Current Mileage - 20000 (way short of 36k allowed)
Residual Value - 29,343
Lease Purchase Quote - 32,200 ( Residual value + tax (I believe))
Online Quotes - ~29,000 - 30,000

I believe this generally only covers charges that are waived at lease end. It isn’t like prepaying for repairs.

Don’t overthink maintenance. Just make an appointment and pay as you go. If you want to save some money, use a reputable independent mechanic.

On my BMW (which I bought out, and no longer has maintenance covered), a brake warning light came on recently.

Local independent mechanic charged me for ~1/3 of an hour of labor to check the level and test the fluid, and they informed me that the fluid was fine and the light came on due to elapsed time, not the necessity for service.

The BMW dealer would have done a full brake service for hundreds of dollars. Even if this type of service is covered in a prepaid maintenance plan, it will be baked into the cost.

3 Likes

As noted wear and tear typically only kicks in if you return the lease and are charged for wear and tear items like scratches or a dinged rim, etc. You can always double check how your coverage works though.

But if you originally bought prepaid maintenance and have a regular service due, then definitely get that done before you buy it out or the plan expires.

And you are correct re: buying it out, do not involve the dealer in this, send the money straight to MBFS and they will mail you the title.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. This makes sense. I will just buy the car for now, directly with MBFS without involving the dealer and get the service done as needed(will try to find a reputable dealer as well) and will pay for it. I feel much better now as the lease is coming to an end soon :slight_smile:
I am assuming if there are any mechanical issues with the car, I still need to visit the dealer as the warranty is still there till 4 years/50K miles.

1 Like

Thank you. I will get the maintenance done soon.
I will not be taking loan to finance and planning to pay in cash. Do I need to make any changes to personal auto insurance (gap coverage etc). Thanks.

If you don’t have a loan, there’s no need for gap insurance.

2 Likes

And tell your insurance you are now the owner

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.