Mercedes GLB 250

I am currently coming to an end on my Mercedes GLB lease and am debating on buying out the car vs. rolling into another GLB lease. My lease ends Sept 1.

Current lease payment is $644 (AFTER tax, includes prepaid service, Zurich shield, and wheel/tire plus). Paid $4000 down at signing (this was my first lease). This was a 36mo 15000mi per year lease. Vehicle price was $41900. Residual is $26755. The payoff quote for the lease end is $29130 after taxes and fees.

When discussing buying the car. The dealership also gave me a quote to lease a 2023 GLB that is coming out of their service fleet. It has 1700 miles, MSRP of $50225. I qualify for $2000 in incentives and they are offering $7328 off as demo savings, bringing the vehicle price to $40897. They have offered a lease payment of $592 for 36 mo at 12000 mi per year with $4000 down at signing. This is BEFORE the tax, prepaid maintenance, and tire/wheel plus, which I would probably go for. They didn’t provide with the cost of these up front. I just received this, so I didn’t get the residual value either.

I leased the first GLB in Ohio, but I have since moved to Florida, so that is where I will be buying or leasing this next vehicle.

My thought was originally to buy the current GLB and keep it for 3-4 years until ready to go to a larger vehicle. Now I’m debating if it’s a better move to lease the 2023 as it seemed like a decent deal off of market price.

There is a thread dedicated to helping people make lease-end decisions. I’ll move this over there and people will respond, and you can see the logic that others have used when similarly situated.

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread