Mercedes EQE500 with Airmatic

I meant the discount mostly.

GIF by Giphy QA

9 Likes

Maybe I’m blind but didn’t someone post a Taycan for like 1500 a month?

It reminds me of a black jelly bean or baby killer whale. I’m not flexing on looks with this I just want to drive quickly and comfortably.
Tesla Y was coming out to $1k a month minimum plus all the quality issues that are bound to come at the break neck speed they are making them. Audi/ Porsche were beautiful - the Porsche Cayenne Coupe, Panamera, Taycan, Audi Etron GT, Quattro. People should definitely go try this out and see for themselves. Porsche dealership was awesome- they gave both my kids a handful of candy and hotwheels. They got future customers.

3 Likes

They know what they’re doing.

5 Likes

I did. But most ICE don’t compare to the EV drive at that 100k less level that was on my list. The EQE500 I’m getting is basically every option included plus more torque. I could have easily gone with the EQE350 at $800-900.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a good deal for the car or not, but for $1500 a month, I would start looking at other cars

1 Like

You should check out the Ford MME: more comfortable, better built and better steering.

Here’s my take. I am not the one paying nearly $1500 a month to lease a Mercedes. I get it that OP wants an EV, so if they like the EQE, then it does not matter what WE (internet strangers) have to say.

However, if OP was asking for suggestions finding a luxury car within that price range, then that’s a different story.

I can’t disagree with ride quality. I am currently driving a '21 Audi A6 on 20 inch rims. The ride quality is pretty smooth. I am yet to drive a Porsche, although years ago, I was a passenger in a Carrera (I know it’s a different car).

But then you don’t get a cool three point star. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You’re paying 50k+ over the course of that lease. You could buy a model Y for that price. Obviously the EQE is an 100K car but I don’t think they’re selling well right now. If you could hold out even 90 days I bet prices start dropping.

1 Like

The EQE is the freshest off the boat car on the market right now. They’re so new you can’t even configure them at MBUSA.com as far as I can tell. And I look nearly every day because I’ve got my eye on it.

You are not getting a good deal. Even in a pre-pandemic market, early adopters always pay for the privilege. But if you are comfortable paying $1,500 a month for a $100k car—it’s not about the price or the deal, it’s just about what you want.

I think the EQE looks phenomenal and wish I could afford it. Like @IAC said, the larger EQS is piling up on dealer lots right now, so maybe Mercedes will be able to produce a lot of EQEs as well and bring the pricing down in the future.

Will you have buyers remorse in 6 months if the payment drops to $1,200 a month or will you be too busy enjoying your car and earning tons of money?

Finally, a lot of people consider a decent lease price to be 1% of MSRP per month, which would make the EQE a better lease around $1k a month. And I’d cross-shop the payment to the similarly expensive and 300+ mile range EQS, BMW iX, BMW i7, and Lucid Air.

3 Likes

So you are willing to pay 80% more for just more torque?

You can’t put a price on torque.

Or can you? :battery::money_with_wings:

1 Like

Million Dollar Man Laugh GIF

I ended up getting an air suspension in my XC90 since it happened to be on the car that had the other characteristics I wanted and the price was right. I am now a big fan of it. it clearly makes a difference for comfort. Especially in a car with big wheels - which is basically all luxury cars now.

Also, Mercedes’ self-driving tech is pretty good. Maybe not as far along as Tesla’s (although i think it could be if Mercedes were willing to beta test it on public roads) but definitely competitive with any other non FSD product.

Seems like tesla is the one lagging behind

5 Likes

I have a 23 MY and a 22 MME premium in my garage right now. Used to own a 21 MY as well. Here are my 2 cents.

Comfort: 23MY >> 22 MME >> 21MY
Build Q: 23MY = 22MME > 21 MY
Handling: 21MY = 23MY > 22MME

IMO, the new suspension on the 23 MY is noteworthy.

Needless to say, MY is miles better in terms of software and efficiency. OTOH, I like that MME has android auto, 360 camera, and a proper dashboard.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Picked it up yesterday but took some advice from here

• Extending the lease to 48 months moving the RV to 43%

• added some MSD’s to save another 3.5k

• wrapped up the dealership etc fees into the payment which I think is much better in this extreme Flood Insurance edge case.
    So my drive off was just the MSD on credit card and saving a bunch more once I got there. The dealership was surprised that people know about MSD’s but they were happy enough to do it.
    Could’ve saved some more doing the Max MSD but didn’t want to at that point. I think we can just share this car with my parents after 2-3 years. Drove the ride back home on driver assistance which was much better then I expected and the HUD was phenomenal.

• Geico gave me a great deal of less than 1k on the annual coverage for it. That’s half of what I hear people are paying for their Teslas.

• 2 Years of Electrify America for free, rebate in NJ for the charger and reduced night time charging rates if you enroll in some EV program.

My POV is looking at so many window stickers of EQE’s if not all of them in the area is that EQE350’s will become better deals later in the year but those with more options or higher models (EQE350+, 500) will hold their weight because they aren’t making many compared to the SUV version which is more popular and bigger. Interest rates will be changing and the EV credit will drop after March so it’s a fair balance of rates but losing some rebate money. Drove half the ride back home on driver assistance which was much better then I expected.
Things I learned this time

• If you are working with a young new salesperson and their birthday is around the corner, sometimes they will work real hard on your deal to get that birthday sales win. haha.
  • Mercedes isn’t doing a great job attracting a different audience to this line up and will struggle to hit numbers so the whole end of the month thing seems to be real. Yesterday was Jan 31st.

I actually called the Porsche dealership to see what I could get for the same area, but nothing beyond the base model that doesn’t have air and a few more things. Also, taycan is 2 seats in the back which isn’t helpful for my fam.

Just read the news the steering wheel falling off the 23Model Y. That is some next level user testing for Level 5 autonomy. I’ll wait.

4 Likes

Congrats. What was the deal?

3 Likes