Mercedes EQE500 with Airmatic

About to sign tomorrow but not 100% sure I got the best deal according to the calculator less than 6 years.

EQE500 4matic/ AWD with Airmatic

36/ 12k
MSRP: $100,625
Discounted: 5k
Incentive: 7,500

Monthly: $1,415
Downpayment: $1000
Drive off: 3.8k (Fees/ 1st mo / DP)

It’s more than I budgeted but I’m excited because out of all the EV’s I test drove - I enjoyed driving this more than the Tesla, Porsche, Hyundai, Volvo, Audi. It was just a quality smooth drive with air suspension. And the roads suck in the tri-state area so I’ve prioritized comfort / suspension over self driving tech. The Mercedes dealership is near my town and I’m not carrying a crazy checklist of things to inspect at delivery or calling their service department every month. The EQE also has a very zippy feeling vs the EQS I personally felt the weight more similar to the ETron. Plus that 10 degree axis movement is insane, it feels like you are shaving off the most annoying part of making any turn.

2 Likes

Not bad.

We’re probably going to be looking at dealers soon with EQS piling up to see if there’s any juice worth squeezing.

MSDs save almost $5k

I would never argue to buy this vs lease, but $1.49/mi is some expensive utility.

10 Likes

At $1500/mo, I hope you compared it to more than just other EVs.

in what world does one look at this compared to the same type of car from tesla, porsche and audi and decide that something that looks like the EQE is the winner?

8 Likes

I meant the discount mostly.

GIF by Giphy QA

9 Likes

Maybe I’m blind but didn’t someone post a Taycan for like 1500 a month?

It reminds me of a black jelly bean or baby killer whale. I’m not flexing on looks with this I just want to drive quickly and comfortably.
Tesla Y was coming out to $1k a month minimum plus all the quality issues that are bound to come at the break neck speed they are making them. Audi/ Porsche were beautiful - the Porsche Cayenne Coupe, Panamera, Taycan, Audi Etron GT, Quattro. People should definitely go try this out and see for themselves. Porsche dealership was awesome- they gave both my kids a handful of candy and hotwheels. They got future customers.

3 Likes

They know what they’re doing.

5 Likes

I did. But most ICE don’t compare to the EV drive at that 100k less level that was on my list. The EQE500 I’m getting is basically every option included plus more torque. I could have easily gone with the EQE350 at $800-900.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a good deal for the car or not, but for $1500 a month, I would start looking at other cars

1 Like

You should check out the Ford MME: more comfortable, better built and better steering.

Here’s my take. I am not the one paying nearly $1500 a month to lease a Mercedes. I get it that OP wants an EV, so if they like the EQE, then it does not matter what WE (internet strangers) have to say.

However, if OP was asking for suggestions finding a luxury car within that price range, then that’s a different story.

I can’t disagree with ride quality. I am currently driving a '21 Audi A6 on 20 inch rims. The ride quality is pretty smooth. I am yet to drive a Porsche, although years ago, I was a passenger in a Carrera (I know it’s a different car).

But then you don’t get a cool three point star. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You’re paying 50k+ over the course of that lease. You could buy a model Y for that price. Obviously the EQE is an 100K car but I don’t think they’re selling well right now. If you could hold out even 90 days I bet prices start dropping.

1 Like

The EQE is the freshest off the boat car on the market right now. They’re so new you can’t even configure them at MBUSA.com as far as I can tell. And I look nearly every day because I’ve got my eye on it.

You are not getting a good deal. Even in a pre-pandemic market, early adopters always pay for the privilege. But if you are comfortable paying $1,500 a month for a $100k car—it’s not about the price or the deal, it’s just about what you want.

I think the EQE looks phenomenal and wish I could afford it. Like @IAC said, the larger EQS is piling up on dealer lots right now, so maybe Mercedes will be able to produce a lot of EQEs as well and bring the pricing down in the future.

Will you have buyers remorse in 6 months if the payment drops to $1,200 a month or will you be too busy enjoying your car and earning tons of money?

Finally, a lot of people consider a decent lease price to be 1% of MSRP per month, which would make the EQE a better lease around $1k a month. And I’d cross-shop the payment to the similarly expensive and 300+ mile range EQS, BMW iX, BMW i7, and Lucid Air.

3 Likes

So you are willing to pay 80% more for just more torque?

You can’t put a price on torque.

Or can you? :battery::money_with_wings:

1 Like

Million Dollar Man Laugh GIF