Mercedes EQE 350 deal

Trying to see if this is a good deal. New 2023 Mercedes Benz EQE 350 SUV for 20,000 with taxes - one pay lease. 18k without taxes.

This is for 24/10k miles

MSRP is 79,000.
Includes 7,500 EV rebate and 2,500 Amex rebate.
About 11.5 percent discount.

Post your best attempt at the LH calculator

1. For a good analysis of what you might be missing, it is best to fill out the calculator so that others may help in the best way possible.
  2. Have a thick skin with some of the responses.
  3. So far, what you have posted suggests that for an 80K car, you would be paying 1/4 the price over the course of 2 years. That tells me that you are in the $800’s after tax (per month). If you were to continually lease the same car (every 2 years), it would take you 8 years before you would have paid for the whole car. Does that sound like a good deal to you (not rhetorical)?
  4. The unknown is the residual value and what the market thinks of a used EQE. If the market consistently values the car more than the residual value, you would be ahead. But this last bit is hard to say as it is a very new car.

Thanks a lot. Here is what the dealer is offering me. I tried to enter it into the leasehacke calculator but spitting out some weird values.

They have given me two offers

One - monthly payment

• MSRP: 79,470
  • Savings: 19,398 (10k are incentives – Amex and EV)
  • sale price: 60072
  • cash down: 1000

Monthly payment: 739
Taxes: 60

If I enter this into the calculator, it spits out a weird monthly number. The only way it’s showing the right numbers is with all the savings as taxed incentive. With that the LH score is about 8.3

Any thoughts on if this is a good deal?

1 Like

The residual value is 46k and MF is .00194

1 Like

@cbergman, help!

1 Like

look at @BENZORNOTHING in marketplace.

2 Likes

Thank you!! Let me know how I can help!!

2 Likes

Some folks have tagged brokers who can help you. In this market, I think a broker is a great idea (especially if you are new at this). Also, bear in mind that at 79xxx, this is the Premium (lowest) trim.

I started a calculator for you. I do not know your terms: 36/10? 36/7.5 (months of lease and miles per year). Also, what is your tax rate?

Ask the dealer for a sheet showing all taxes and fees and people here can make the calculator work for you so that you may learn the ropes.

You can get a EQS for less one pay than that on 24 months

I got 18.5% off 2 weeks ago on an eqe amg just as a reference. I don’t think this is a good deal t all

Where are you seeing that? Broker? Thanks!

The calculator is never spot on. Its a good tool to estimate, but depending on where you are, there may be taxes on the fees you pay, plus registration rolled in, taxes on registration, etc, that the calculator doesnt take into account, and then LH is off by $20/mo. The discount is relative. Could you get more? Maybe. Does it depend on how many cars a dealer has, as well as how long they have had them and how badly they want to move them? Yes, and the some. I would consider 12-13% off sticker or more a good discount on an EQE. That said, they are marking up the money factor by 25 points, which isnt a huge change in payment, but that is money that can be saved. I dont think theyd lose the deal over giving a full 12% off and buy rate on money factor. If its worth it to you to call a bunch of different stores and find 15%+ off, by all means! Or, as others have mentioned, there is always the broker route.

1 Like

message @EVKingsPlus

2 Likes

You can get a much better deal going with @BENZORNOTHING

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the input. Will reach out to one of the brokers as well.

HI Did I get you a quote?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.