Mercedes EQB recall

For those trapped in the EQB recall, has Mercedes offered you any good lease deals on their vehicles to make up for the inconvenience caused? They are willing to take back my car now, ending my lease early but that still leaves me with no car. I need to get a car and don’t want to pay an arm and a leg because I rushed into getting one.

Manufacturers or dealers won’t give you a deal based on inconvenience. Look at Stellantis lol.

Just try to hack another deal. It’s close to end of the month/end of quarter. Ask a broker or look up the Deals section if you don’t have time.

This EQB lessee got $2k extra incentive and they waived remaining lease payments. They’re also in NJ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MercedesEQ/s/54L2wiNpFf

Following this thread. I’m in PA and have a 2023 EQB 300 affected by the recall. Trying to figure out the best course of action.

Is yours a lease?

Yes - was a former loaner.

In their viewpoint, they are doing you a favor by ending the lease early. Follow the advice of the other poster and start contacting dealers with offers since it’s getting to quarter end. There’s no guarantee but worth a shot.

Hi everyone, I’m looking for some help.

My dealer, Mercedes-Benz of The Woodlands, TX, informed me last week that they can terminate my EQB300 lease early due to an unfixable battery fire risk issue. However, they said I must lease another vehicle from them immediately as a replacement.

I asked if they could simply end my lease without requiring me to transition into another car, since I’d prefer to wait until the end of the year for the new GLC EV. They refused and said that in this case, they would not handle the buyout, and instead told me to contact Mercedes-Benz directly. They provided me with a phone number.

I called Mercedes-Benz USA and was given a case number, but it has already been 4 days and no one has contacted me.

What should I do next? I’m in a bit of a hurry and would really appreciate any advice.

Has anyone had their dealer directly buy out their lease without forcing them to lease another car? At this point, I’m not counting on Mercedes-Benz USA anymore—their efficiency has been extremely low.

Hi everyone, I’m looking for some help.

My dealer, Mercedes-Benz of The Woodlands, TX, informed me last week that they can terminate my EQB300 lease early due to an unfixable battery fire risk issue. However, they said I must lease another vehicle from them immediately as a replacement.

I asked if they could simply end my lease without requiring me to transition into another car, since I’d prefer to wait until the end of the year for the new GLC EV. They refused and said that in this case, they would not handle the buyout, and instead told me to contact Mercedes-Benz directly. They provided me with a phone number.

I called Mercedes-Benz USA and was given a case number, but it has already been 4 days and no one has contacted me.

Has anyone had their dealer directly buy out their lease without forcing them to lease another car? At this point, I’m not counting on Mercedes-Benz USA anymore—their efficiency has been extremely low.

What should I do next? I’m in a bit of a hurry and would really appreciate any advice.

Posting your question on a single thread is sufficient.

Others have reported success ending their EQB lease early without leasing another vehicle. Continue to pursue your case but not sure what your time expectation should be. Otherwise, I would suspect typical lemon laws would apply if you don’t like the current offer. While I am not familiar with TX, that usually means something like:

The defect substantially impairs the use, value, or safety of the vehicle. Or, the defect persists after four or more repair attempts for the same issue, or the vehicle has been out of service for 30 cumulative days during the first 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first

While I suspect you already qualify under “safety,” how many cumulative days have they had your EQB? Starting the lemon law process usually speeds things up.

Thanks!! My EQB has indeed had quite a few issues over the past 2.5 years — the ACC failed twice, the charging plug got stuck and wouldn’t come out, and there was also a low-voltage battery malfunction. Altogether, the car has probably been in the shop for more than 20 days. However, if I pursue a buyback under the lemon law, I would still have to go through MB USA, correct?

Hi everyone, I’m looking for some advice.

My dealer, Mercedes-Benz of The Woodlands, TX, informed me last week that they can buy out my EQB300 lease early due to an unfixable battery fire risk issue. However, they said I must immediately lease another vehicle from them as a replacement.

I asked if they could simply end my lease without requiring me to transition into another car, since I’d prefer to wait until the end of the year for the new GLC EV. They refused and said that in this case, they would not handle the buyout, and instead told me to contact Mercedes-Benz directly. They provided me with a phone number.

I called Mercedes-Benz USA and was given a case number, but it has already been 5 days and no one has contacted me.

Has anyone here gone through the process of buying out the remaining EQB lease directly through Mercedes US (not the dealer)? Roughly how many days does the process usually take?

It’s a feature not a bug.

Respectfully: you are driving a bomb :bomb: and the Germans insist you return it. AFAIK there isn’t a fix for this particular issue :low_battery: :fire:

You need return this fire hazard :fire::fire::fire: before it burns your house down and choose a less flammable replacement.

It seems the incentives are dealer and state specific. In southern California we’re seeing dealers offer a lease/finance buyouts on any financed eqb vehicle of any model year (even 2025 and 2026 models apparently according to my sales rep) regardless if it’s through MBFS or a regular bank. CPOs, used, and newly purchased vehicles are included. Incentives are 10k off a new or courtesy vehicle or 3k off a lease. No incentives for their used/CPO vehicles.

They are also allowing people to perform lease/finance buyouts even if you do not buy a vehicle from them. My hunch is that you can negotiate deals off any car so like others are saying, go deal hunting. Mention how inconvenient this is and how you’ve been paying into the vehicle and that’s all wasted. Especially Californians with the lemon laws where I live, it’s potentially possible to get lease/finance payments, down payments, registration dues back if your vehicle and situation qualifies. Consultant a lemon law attorney, I am not an attorney. They usually offer free consultations.

Personally, I will be calling around to shop for a used EQE or EQS since they use a different battery and are at the same price point our 2023 eqb was at 2 years ago.

My dealer tried to sell me a car too but I told them that I needed a bigger car anyway, and I cannot afford their bigger option at 93K so they were nice enough to give me the following advise: the “squeaky wheel gets the oil” don’t stop calling HQ, open cases, ask to escalate, and be on top of it. Use ChatGPT to help you draft emails, and use the right language.

How can I see if my car is included in the recall? I checked the vin and no recalls pending. it’s a 2023 EQB.

all 2023 EQB should be included…

Not all 2023 EQB

I wonder if you can double dip on this fiasco?

  1. Submit a buyback for your EQB on all your previous payments.

2. “Get $10k off a new or courtesy vehicle or $3k off on a lease.” This is of course after discount % off + rebates.