Mercedes-Benz Will Suspend Sales Of Nearly All 2022 AMG V8 Models In The US

4 Likes

C63 is fine since it’s a hybrid inline 6

Its going to be a 4-Cylinder hybrid, not 6. Still fine either way, but that one isn’t coming until 2023 MY.

2 Likes

To elaborate a bit… the only cars still getting V8’s are S580’s and G63’s. We don’t know definitely about the G550 yet, if there will be one for 2022. If you are considering a 580 or 63 trim, just hurry! All of mine are $15k-20k over, I have heard dealers in CA going as high as $30k for GLS580’s and 50k for GLS63’s. GT63’s are $25k over… etc. G63’s are going to continue to be 50-65k over MSRP. if you are on the list for a 2022 G63 way down the line for an MSRP deal, its likely going to be pushed further for production constraints, maybe by a few months or so. the list goes on. because of this, 350’s, 450’s, AMG 53’s are also going to be over MSRP, just by not as much (model dependent). Chat with a local dealer of yours. 2022 is going to be a weird year for MB, but we still have lots of fun cars with 6 cylinders. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any news on the rumored 73 V8 hybrid series cars?

Damn I was just about to order my Maybach!

6 Likes

I have one in stock if you want one :wink:

5 Likes

Does this mean bouncy bouncy mode is going to be an option on lower trims again?

2 Likes

Isn’t it already? GLE 450.

What kind of markup are you seeing on gle 63’s?

Haven’t had a GLE63 for a while. I think last time we had one went for 15K over?

I thought they removed it from the GLE, now apparently was only going to be offered on the gls580

Please share numbers for us to order too.

What is the logic behind no AMG V8s? Surely the margin is higher over run of the mill S class V8s?

Should MB offer S63 etc badges? Probably a good interim solution for those just buying it for the badge.

Nothing yet. Spring of '22!

Not for long I have heard. About 5% of GLS buyers desire E-Active Body Control.

15k for ours as well.

Not enough parts for the hybridization portion of the engine, so they are saving it for the 6-cylinders.

Thinking most parts departments should be able to get badges anyway!

I got a GLE 63 and a GLS 580 in March and May both with a 2% discount. Felt like I was raped at the time. I guess I feel better now, not really though.

Both of those cars are $15k over MSRP in my inventory now. Take that cookie of information and feel better!