Mercedes Benz Financial not selling leased car to Carvana

Ok.
But sister store, MB of South Bay, would just mean a normal return of car at end of lease for me right? pay disposition fee etc.
Same as if I return my car to my original dealer (fletcher jones)
basically if i return my car to any mercedes dealer, disposition fee comes into play right?

I just spoke to a different merc dealer (MB of stevens creek).
They said the same - returning to them is like normal end of lease return (with disposition fee involved)

No. You’re getting the Acura dealer to faciliate MB of South Bay buying out your lease, not processing the turn in.

1 Like

What question are you asking them? How are you phrasing your conversation?

If you are grounding the lease (at any MB dealer), then yes, you are responsible for the deposition fee.

1 Like

Just to not confuse the OP, grounding the lease refers to turning it in at the end. Doesn’t matter what dealer you do it to, if you’re turning in the lease, disposition is due.

The alternative is to have a dealer buy out your lease. In the case of going through Autonation, you’d be having the Acura dealer purchase the lease, through MB South Bay.

2 Likes

Well ofc they’d say that if that’s the way you phrased it.

Autonation is a holding company that owns ~300 dealers across multiple brands.

Mercedes Benz of XYZ is an authorized MB dealer but some rep from MBFS is not going to know that they are owned by Autonation. You cannot expect a rep to connect those dots.

1 Like

You are in NorCal right you can stop by one of the MB stores to see if they are willing to buy it or drive down to me and I’ll buy your lease return (maybe). When you sell it, they are going to make you sign stuff to transfer the vehicle into their name.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.