Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Did the number match what you agreed to pay?

Fidelity is a well-regarded extended warranty that is used by different brands as a CPO warranty as well. But selling it with a 2 year lease on a new car…I would get the dealer to remove it, you are essentially paying 1500 for nothing as the car is covered by MB factory warranty. FWIW my lease included “phantom footprints” crap, but at least it as $100.

1 Like

Yes it did match thew number we agreed

It’s not an optional thing, Dealer wouldn’t have sold you the car without it for the same discount. A lot of finance managers would do this to make money on back end and show loss on the front end

Can I call Mercedes or fidelity to cancel the plan

You should be able to , normally thru the dealer or directly. Please note it won’t change your payment though

Oh I missed this part. Then yeah, it doesn’t matter how the dealer got there, as long as the numbers are the same. Enjoy your new ride

Mercedes won’t have a clue what you are talking about and Fidelity will ask you to reach out to the selling dealer.

The way I see it. You got the payment you were promised

For simplicity’s sake, let’s say the car was sold for 81,500, which you agreed to and we’re happy with.

What’s the difference between.
$80,000 + $1500 for some random warranty.
Or if they sold you the car for $81,500 with no warranty

@bilalfaruqi pointed out, the dealership was probably making money on the back end.

You got the price you wanted so let the dealer make their money how they want

4 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

1 Like

I see a TON of used EQS in CA, mostly private owners, and traded in under 5k miles. I wonder why?

1 Like

Fidelity is one of my “avoid at all costs” underwriters. Unless you like having your claims denied for bs reasons.

If the numbers are what was agreed upon than what is the problem? The right thing to do is not cancel it.

If you want to maintain a good relationship with the dealer and do business with them in the future than leave it alone.

1 Like

Tryna get every drop of blood out :joy:

not sponsored by :man_vampire:

Hungry Nic Cage GIF by Regal

2 Likes

A good way to spin this into another potential win for you, is to ask for another type of warranty instead. maybe excess wear and tear ?
Depending on profit margins, they may swap out for you

1 Like

Thanks for that suggestion. I will ask check with him tomorrow.

How much $$$ is 1 MSD for Mercedes Benz? Is it the same amount for all manufacturers?

1 MSD is the cost of your monthly payment (rounded up to nearest $50) prior to application of MSD’s.

That is a great idea…could be a win win (which is always the best situation).

Anyone else yet worked on a 13 month’er yet?

3 Likes