Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

These are great comments that caused me to think of something…

Does the EQS have a “Sentry Mode” type of arrangement like Tesla where one can have the cameras all stay active while the car is off? This is a great feature on Tesla IMO…but it is known to drain the battery notably (as the power to run all the surveillance has to come from somewhere). Online reports state that Sentry Mode uses ~1 mile of range per hour it is on.

These have potential IMO…Ive been working on a series of them and they are definitely the way to go for the AMG EQS, and they are also looking to be a very viable approach for the 450/580 as well, likely when paired with a high mileage lease. I hope to have some numbers confirmed this AM. The higher MF creates a much higher rent charge, but a more than offsetting amount may be possible on the depreciation.

Nope. You need to pay $200 to activate just the front dash cam.

So the dash cam is there on all cars…but not activated (unless shown on the Munroney) and can be activated after the fact if desired? Does it record ONLY when the car is being actively driven?

1 Like

Yup. It only records when the car is on.

Is the footage reviewable from inside the car on the main screen?

Yup. You can mark clips as “favorite” or lock the clips to make sure they are not overwritten.

1 Like

The the EQS has only a front cam? Nothing on the sides or rear that can record?

It has additional cameras on the side and rear, but they don’t record to the dashcam from what I can tell. Some have posited that the additional cameras will record in the event of a crash, but I haven’t seen that confirmed.

3 Likes

Info from manual

3 Likes

EQS insurance is $140, same insurance for Rogue is $160 :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

5 Likes

That’s what you pay for a month?

The egregious thing is you paying $160 for a Rogue. Shows Nissan’s rep lol.

That’s great. Mine is $167 MORE than Mach E

If so…can I live in your house and be on your insurance @TuncAy ??? Ill even cook and clean. I also do windows!

1 Like

only $140 ? what are your deductibles ?

haha, more or less the same quote I got

1 Like

I was just reviewing my renewal offers… premiums are being increased significantly AGAIN. :angry:

That money for a Rogue is crazy. :joy:

Hellcat renewal is $427.16/mo with paid in full for 6 months. $500 deductibles and adequate coverage. That is also on a multi-car, motorcycle, and home policy. Clean driving record. :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

1 Like