Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

The i4 is more athletic and will probably be more “fun” to drive. The EQS is much more luxurious and has way more options (for example, the i4 doesn’t even come with adaptive cruise control unless specially equipped). The EQS also has a far better range than the i4 e35. Ultimately, it boils down to what you value most in a car.

2 Likes

Before getting my EQS, I had a i4 eDrive 40 and loved the car. It’s sportier, faster, and a completely different driving experience. The EQS is a large and heavy car. It is no doubt a smooth drive and the interior comfort is nice, but it is definitely not a performance vehicle. The i4 was a fun drive! Even on a e40, I love zooming down the freeway and the acceleration was amazing. The downside of the i4 is that it is a gran coupe so the backseat is tight and the leg room in the back is a 1/4 of the EQS. If you don’t have kids or a family, I would go with the i4.

3 Likes

How does the seat comfort compare between the two?

That’s good to know - this is hard lol. I do have 1 kid but no car seats / boosters (thank god we are done with that)! We do have a Tesla M3 SR in house so I’m comparing it to that. I love the speed but M3 is a bit too harsh driving wise and you tend to feel every bump plus road noise is a lot. So factoring all of that. Had a BMW 330xi prior and really liked that car. Trying to convince myself to get the EQS even though it’s $200 per month more lol.

Are you in a state that charges a tiered registration fee based on value? That could be a determining factor as well.

1 Like

Yes - up in Vancouver, WA.

Sheesh. What area are you in? I would definitely be shopping this across any and every insurer and brokerage I can get ahold of.

Definitely turns me off from thinking about hacking one of these. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Is the $7500 tax rebate gone this month? I don’t see it on MB and BMW websites anymore.

EQS is a luxury barge meant to eat up miles. It’s not particularly fast for an EV but it’s built from the ground up on a new EV platform.

i4 is a conversion job with bolt on batteries and the range is awful, especially if you live somewhere it’s not 80 degrees throughout the year. It’s really not in the same ballpark.

IMHO, the iX is the real competitor for the EQS and it’s head and shoulders above it.

3 Likes

Two completely different experiences. The i4 seat is “harder” and more of a sport seat. It’s nice, but different than the EQS. The EQS is a softer seat that is more luxurious (and has massage).

1 Like

I was offered a compareable deal on a MY23 450 4Matic new (norcal). I’d hold out.

We have a M3 in the family as well. The backseat of the M3 is roomier than the i4. Look if you are looking to get the maximum amount of luxury for the cheapest price go with the EQS. the only downside of the EQS is that it’s a big car and sticks out at the grocery store, mall, etc. If you want to try out the big luxury car experience, this is the price point to do it at. However, if you care more about the driving experience and acceleration, you can’t beat the i4. I’m not a flashy person and also think it blends in more. With the EQS, you will have people wondering why you are driving around in a 100k+ car. lol

1 Like

Even though the i4 is a conversion job, it’s built really well and you can’t even tell. The range is closer to 230 miles, but it’s not bad since you also get free EA for three years and if you have a charger at work/home not a big deal. The only sign of a conversion job is no frunk (but the EQs has the same issue).

1 Like

You only get free EV charging for 2 years on BMW.

closer to 230 miles

InsideEV test had i4 at 239 miles and EQS at 395 miles. That’s basically another EV’s range in total difference.

5 Likes

I know this is an EQS thread but does anyone have an 2022 SL55/SL63 avail?
NJ…

Is there any agreement on a good quality, reliable home charger for this car that isn’t cheap crap that will damage the car or set the house on fire, but won’t break the bank either, so ideally in the $200s. Lectron has one option but I’m curious if there is anything else out there

Quick question. For the MB EV Conquest, does the registered ev/phev have to be registered to the same person getting the new vehicle? Or does it just have to be registered to the same address?

For $200 it most probably would be cheap crap

1 Like

Agree. Don’t cheap out on the charger. You can get a Gizzl-E charger for $349 directly from their website.

1 Like