Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Got mine in the mail and looks to be hardwire only. Thinking about selling it on eBay or something.

1 Like

What are you using instead of it? Do you have a Nema 14-50 outlet as well?

Ya I already installed 6-20 and 14-50 outlets in my garage to accommodate my previous PHEV and EV leases.

Chargepoint?

Are folks still scoring 20% off MSRP + EV and Fleet/Amex rebates at buy rate on NEW 2023 EQS this month?

If I missed any recent shared deals, feel free to link here.

signed this today:

Just random level 2 chargers off Amazon that fit my cars. I manually ran wires from my panel to my garage and installed the outlets on a pillar.

If you look at the calculator, the OP in that deal only listed the $7500 EV rebate. However, in their main post they listed the following rebates:

• March Madness: $7.5K
  • Lease Bonus: 7.5K
  • Amex Fleet: $12K
  • Federal EV: 7.5K

Hence, that 28% off discount + $7500 rebate from that deal does not add up with all these incentives.

Maybe when I get the car delivered later this week i’ll know the exact breakdown, but they got me to my target price, so i didnt ask any more questions.

I added the $7500 EV rebate + $12k AMEX rebate to the calculator. I added $19,500 to the sale price. The discount dropped to 13.59%+ off MSRP.

That’s all that matters. Congrats on your deal.

1 Like

There are rumors that 12K amex doesnt stack with March Madness. Im thinking he ended up giving me 10k MIB and part of march madness

I just took delivery of a $127,950 MSRP 580 SUV. MSRP discount was ~20% (technically like 19.89) to $102,500 selling price, with a total price after cap-cost reduction with rebates (19500 AMEX + EV) of $83k. Here’s a link to a calculator getting as close as I could to my numbers (DAS is a bit higher since I needed a new plate and registration). I was working a loaner in in the Midweest with 5K miles spec’d to $140k MSRP, but they weren’t willing to deal and I needed a car be end of last week as we’re moving back to the states, and need at least one car ready for our return. Maybe they’lll bite later this month and we’ll be an EQS household lol.

4 Likes

When should the lease support for '23 end?

Hard-wired only – unless you make 14-50 plug yourself and in-turn connect the (hard/stripped) wires from one end to the EVBox charger unit, and use the plug to plug into 14-50. On 14-50 plug, however its good to limit upper limit of charging to 40 AMPs (80% sustained off 50 Amps peak).

We’ve had 14-60 circuit & wiring (and breaker) installed previously, so, we simply un-wired the plug, and instead put this EVBox (free with our lease from late-Feb 2024) on those hard-wires (end-to-end 60 Amps). The EVBox limits you upto 48 Amps max-sustained charge – and we set it at that max limit.

Funny thing is our Tesla charges at 11.6 kWh faster speed, while this MB charger and EQS limits themselves to 9.6 kWh speed on this charger. (** we had to put small $20 adapter on this charger - to get-it/convert it into NEMA/Tesla type …)

1 Like

I just use a 14-50 plug and hardwire it to a hardwired charging box for installing my charger, as I already have the plug in my garage. It’s super easy to do, just buy a dryer plug off of home depot.

1 Like

Ack - our intent was to get the full of sustained 48 amps charging speed on our 60-Amps circuit/breaker - while at it.

With the $20 NEMA adapter, we are now charging Tesla at 11.6 kWh sustained … (making use of the full 48 amps on 60-amp end-to-end circuit/breaker).

For us hard-wiring enhanced charging (monitoring, and higher speeds) on both EQS and Tesla Model-Y. Hence …

1 Like

Hey thanks. Can you send me a link (and if possible a tutorial lol) on what you bought and how you got that done? Im thinking of just getting Chargepoint to make it simpler.

i heard this month

1 Like

This was what I got - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YURAW

2 Likes

Thanks! Is that easy to connect? Do you have a picutre any chance of your setup?