Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

The numbers I get from dealership looks like this

The contract dealership sends is different but matches the outcome of this calculator. Selling prices is $78XXX which includes AMEX $11000 incentives which makes it less than 18-19% off MSRP before $18500 incentives (not matching my calculator). What am I missing? Should I look into Adjusted cap cost which is about $73XXX? Is that the diff between my calculator and the selling price of the dealer?

Thank you!

Without seeing the dealer’s offer, it’s hard to say what they’re doing.

Quick glance is you have the taxes wrong. Should be on the monthly va full price in CA. That’s a huge difference right there.

How should it be calculated? Appreciate the feedback

Hi Gurus,

I’m puzzled by 2023 EQS 450 or 450+ SUV incentives. Location is CA. The questions:

1. Is Amex ($11000) and Lease credit ($7500) are taxed or untaxed incentives? Some dealers count is as taxed and some as untaxed. Specially $11000 makes a big difference if calculated untaxed for ~10% tax rate in some regions in CA.
  2. Is the 2023 EQS 450 residual value for 24x7.5k gonna be 61%? For a loaner, the residuals adjusts to about 1% lower for around 9k miles making it around 59.9% or so. Is this right?
  3. What % off MSRP should be targeted for high milage loaners before incentives? Is targeting 25%+ based on recent deals is the right target?
  4. Where in this calculation I’m doing wrong?

Thank you!

I think each dealership will have a unique interpretation to get things past their internal finance policies and stay above-board with the California Franchise Tax Board.

But, from my simple mind, I personally believe the following incentives will reduce the selling price of the car (thus be untaxed).

Any dealer contribution from their front end gross or holdback
Manufacturer Incentives and Bonuses (MIB)
Fleet (aka Amex) incentive (which replaces some or all of the MIB)
Supplier Pricing manufacturer incentive
Corporate Pricing manufacturer incentive
Employee Pricing manufacturer incentive

I believe these incentives are considered consumer rebates and would reflect money coming from the buyer. This means they are “taxable” since they do not reduce the taxable sales price of the vehicle. Taken to an extreme (like in that AMG Betrayal Thread that is now locked), the EV credit is shown as a portion of the DAS paid by the buyer.

EV Rebate
Lease Loyalty
Military, Teacher, First Responder, Graduate etc
Other special “consumer cash”

2 Likes

Thanks. Then EV Rebate, Lease Loyalty etc consider taxable!

1 Like

I think they should be… but it’s up to your dealer to do whatever they think they need to in order to stay above board.

1 Like

Appreciate your reply. Can you also have a look to see where in my calculator I might be off, if anywhere. The only thing is to add 7500 to taxed vs untaxed.

If you’re getting 25% off the pricing from the dealer… and separately get a $11,000 fleet incentive and EV rebate… I feel like you need to do less calculator updates and more signing haha. This would be a GOAT - worthy deal.

But what we’ve typically seen is the discount from the dealer is more like 17% or 18%. The rest seems like what you’ve got in your calculator.

2 Likes

I’m just trying to see how far I can push. For a loaner, I have seen above 20% off here in sharing deals. I’m not getting it yet from dealers. I want to just make sure my calculator is right so I don’t fall for the BS of monthly rate blindly :slight_smile: Per what you advised, then 18% of a high milage loaner is typical. Above 20% is rare.
I assumed (maybe prematurely) for a loaner with high milage it is gonna be above 20%.

Based on the Edmunds, new MF for 2023 EQS is as follows:
2023 EQS for 24/7.5k terms → .00060 MF and 59% residual

Anyone can confirm this? The dealers in Norcal don’t answer this question and they are very secretive about the numbers. Is MF and residuals the same for Sedan and SUV? Thank you!

1 Like

62% and .0029

1 Like

Rv varies by trim and suv/sedan. This question cant be answered.

They all appear to be .0029 from a quick glance. 450+ sedan is 62% and 450+ SUV is 61% at 24/7.5

1 Like

MF should be the same right?

Maybe but only by coincidence.

Rv varies between 57% and 62%, depending on trim

1 Like

Then MF increased since last month? It was 0.00192

Calculator on this site isn’t updated yet. I think it is .0008 for the 580s if I am not mistaken?