Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Size wise, an EQE is probably a closer comparison to the q8 etron

Are you guys not charging at home? If I had an ev I would have a home charger and start every day with 100%. Some days I drive 100 miles but most are like 40-50 which even a 200 mile range first gen etron would be fine for… right?

The cheapest EQS SUV in my state (California) on signed is $905/mo effective. It was never realistically
possible to find an EQS for what a Q8 etron costs right now ($750/mo effective).

It’s no longer currently possible, but it was in March/April. Outside chance those numbers come around again when the 24s hit lots.

The best I saw in California was around $950/mo effective 24/7.5 for an EQS SUV.

Perhaps you started looking a little later? There were a number of solid SUV deals shared, e.g.

A couple people had better deals on higher MSRPs as well.

1 Like

Ah okay yeah I didn’t see that one, so with tax about $690 and with MSDs which are worth $22/mo if you have the cash in the bank so effectively $713 with tax on that deal apples to apples with the Q8 etrons now. With MSDs on the Q8 etron it’s about even. But I’m guessing the EQS wins head to head between the two.

Curious, why are those deals impossible now? Did mb incentives change or inventory thinned?

1 Like

The interest rate is much higher now than it was earlier and so same %discount off MSRP would result in not that great deal… until of course manufacturer artificially supports/subsidize it. BMW is currently offering 0.00111 mf to make iX move

I think max incentives are ~1k higher now than they were then, but pretty much everything else is worse. And demand is probably higher – I see a bunch out on the road now.

1 Like

Is this specific only to CA? How’s about states like NJ?

I agree. I wouldn’t pay more than 50k for an EQS POS brand new even if the seller was begging me.

As an etron and eqs owner, Q8 etron over EQS all day every day, twice on Sundays and thrice on days the EQs is in the shop or having a recall.

4 Likes

MB dealer I went to was taking 10K off EQS sedans. But, their MF was sky high, and lied so many times, the 10K was probably a lie too.

Which dealer?

Either I am very lucky with the one I got, or we’re really only seeing people with bad experiences voicing their concerns.

I’ve had zero issues with my ‘23 EQS SUV 4Matic (US Alabama built), and zero recalls. I also got a good deal on it, at <$700 effective monthly for ~$120K MSRP, new, not loaner (this was back in March). Clearly these are depreciating quickly, as would most S class cars, but I’d definitely consider actually buying a low mileage one in 2-3 years. Maybe they’ll drop to $50K by then.

2 Likes

I am not saying the EQS has a 90% failure rate. It’s probably like 15-20% or lower. But for a brand like MB we expect better. And for me, it is a 50% failure rate since 1/2 failed within 2 weeks of being put in service. Yes I got a great deal at 700 a month but even 499 a month is too high when said hacked car spends that month in the shop.

2 Likes

Was it 700 effective inclusive of tax? Care to share tax rate? 2 unfavorable changes that have happened since is the increased MF and reduction in inventory… but even at this time if we take MSRP at face value, most of the other deals (iX, Q8) don’t come as close to eqs deals

I love the car. Interior is incredible. Magno grey color is sweet. I’d take this over q8 or iX all day.

4 Likes

No tax in my state.

The pace at which it’s going, EQS sedan is gonna be sub $40k by the time we return ours.

2 Likes