Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

For Eqs 450 SUV loaner, How bad is 21.5% discount with 0.0023 mf.
I know it is marked up but they only have $250 dealer fee, and with no broker fee, no shipping cost still ends up being better than most deals on marketplace.

I also got little too excited about the car lol.
Didnt sign yet but will do.

Have you put it into LH Calculator? Make sure the 21.5% discount is before incentives.

Yes, it matches when i put in the calculator.
123.5k msrp car
2000 first (includes 850 registration, i dont have plates) 707 monthly.
10k/24m

Share the LH Calculator link so it’s easier for anyone to chime on it.

1 Like

Here it is. There is like 10 difference monthly becuase the adj. Residual for demo has like 240 difference in calculator vs. Dealer.

Looks good, try to calculate the difference between 10k/24 vs 7.5k/24 and see if it’s cheaper for you to buy the miles in the end instead.

1 Like

Tire and Wheel is worth it if you live in the city.

BTDT. Came out way ahead by declining over 20+ years.

1 Like

I understand that. But depending on where he lives, he would have to consider how much he’d have to pay when that situation does happen. Cost to repair tire is about $50 and if it has to be replaced, then it’d be close to $500. And cost to repair the rim is about $150 and it it has to be replaced, then it’d be close to $1,000. I don’t work at Mercedes-Benz anymore, but I think it’s little over $1,500.

Consider driving in the EQS on the city roads. Driver gets distracted and hits a pothole. At 75 mph, the vehicle is driving 112ft/sec. So not only is he going to damage one tire and the rims in the tire, he is probably going to damage both front and rear tires and front and rear rims. If it comes to replacing both, that would end up being $3,000. Now, he can replace the tires with the used ones, but not the rims. And if he doesn’t get that rim or rims fixed, he can bet his bottom dollar that he is going to get charged after he returns his lease.

I don’t know what is with you guys with staying away from any insurance products, but tire and wheel bundle would be the one that I really recommend. I had that fixed with that product within 3 month onto my lease on the EQS or else, I would had been screwed.

2 Likes

I live in the city, just had my EQE tires and rims replaced when wife didn’t pay attention and scraped the tire against curb at high speed. Cost was 1.5k. However, this is the only time it happened in more than 10 years. It’s not that likely to get into a situation where your whole tire/rim need to be replaced. Tons of potholes here but they are not that bad. Have the 21" rims as well.

1 Like

But when it does happen, are you going to pay it out of your pocket?

Yes, it’s only 1.5k though in 10 years, so not a big deal

You sound like the last finance manager that tried to sell me that :rofl:

No bro it’s ok

2 Likes

Counting the two tires I replaced on my M550 after hitting potholes as you described, over my lifetime I’ve replaced a grand total of two tires due to unrepairable damage.

Just those two.

Ever.

Both the first and the second time it was the right front tire, and the second time I replaced it for the cost of labor ($50?) because it still had the free road hazard coverage that came with the tire.

To date, I’ve never replaced a wheel, or even had one repaired.

1 Like

Well, that is the spirit of leasebackr, right?

I think the issue is the cost and coverage of the wheel and tire protection. Idk what the verbiage is now, but when I was signing my lease on the E300 a few years back:

• It don’t cover curb rash, which I’d say is way more common than bent/cracked rims
  • Had a deductible, which was 70% the cost of a tire
  • Didn’t cover premature wear or anything like that
  • It was like $2200. There was no realistic combination of damage where I’d come out on top at this cost
4 Likes

Dangerous of them to assume our trailer park garages fit our cars. I guess we better start thinking about starting up estatehackr

13 Likes

EQS, Tayga, G, House

I’m happy my broke ass has at least one of the four :joy:

4 Likes

Doghouse? :joy::joy::joy:

Is this anywhere near Glendale, lol?