Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

My agent said they usually see females coming in higher than males below a certain age, but honestly I don’t think it matters much. Whether the chromosomes are XX or XY, at 18 years of age it’s going to be painful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your buyout value reflects the one pay, so it depends on what the purchase offer is. I would 100% fully expect these to be underwater the moment you drive off the lot and stay that way. Don’t do this unless you’re going to carry it to term.

2 Likes

Oh Gawd … these things will require a deep sea diving suit 1 millisecond after signing the contract. The 450s are deep deep deep Marianas trench type of underwater.

Now, according to current MMR, something like a 580 SUV (if it can be purchased at around 20% before incentives), may be close to break even.

The short story is these cars are keepers for the term as they cannot be swapped out (with one exception…if contracted in CT I believe) or sold without a major loss.

4 Likes

A jelly bean that is, in fact, a 5 ton anvil.

1 Like

10m^3 of depleted uranium - and I don’t care!

My Volvo S60 was supposed to be negative as hell but I made out with a positive net effective in a Volvo, cuz covid!

Negotiating a EQS 450+, provided me lease disclosures but was little confused when throwing it in calculator. I know MF they gave me is jacked up (24 months is .00184 on 12k), only giving me 10k miles when 12k has same residual that they are giving me. Also done some comparison to other deals provided and in SIGNED! tab, they are only giving me around 7% pre-incentive discount Vs others receiving upwards of ~21% (if new), ~30% if demo. Still, on current deal they provided with me, calculator is off by a bit with them making me pay around 1200 a month, 3k cash down with Net cap cost at $86,814. Wanted to make sure I got this right, anyone provide me some help?

Edit: This isn’t final deal, but wanted to make sure I got calculator right before I proceed with asking for the market residual, and bigger pre-incentive discount. Target deal is to be ~$400 or below a month, 0 down, have a trade in with roughly $5000 in equity.

LeaseHackr calculator CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

You’re missing some fundamental things here like tax and gov fees from your calculator.

You’re currently about $17,000 away from where you’re trying to get to. It isn’t going to happen.

4 Likes

Why don’t you just get one of these cars from the brokers here for a far lower price?
If a dealer is not willing to give a 15%+ preincentive discount, then just walk away.
Also, please discuss this in the EQS super thread and people should be able to help you there.

2 Likes

Also have to compete against reddit users now, so it might be hard to get the 4-500 deals again
https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/11zpzhm/went_full_electric_earlier_than_i_thought_eqs_450/

Well from this thread, if I was to be able to get plus ~15% everyone is stating pre incentive compared to 7.65. Plus 5k trade equity . Wouldn’t that place me close to 17k?

This is breakdown in case I might’ve explained incorrectly.

Your trade equity does not lower your cost.

That ~$17k is what is required to get you to the ~$400/mo with $5k DAS you said you were targeting.

Anyone know how one-pay is affected if the car is totaled with MBFS? Is it like Chrysler Capital or you lose the one-pay?

Definitely do not sign that deal

Correct, with current deal given at 7.65% and marked up MF at .00224 as opposed to .00184. Wouldn’t me asking for ~18% pre-incentive and .00184 Vs .00224 markup with 5k get me close?

Yah I wasn’t even close to it, so many things rough around it.

You are way off.

The lack of anything even approaching a good discount is a bit of a nonstarter. A marked up money factor is not a dealbreaker, as long as the discount is there. They are giving it to you on both ends with this though.

That still puts you several thousands of dollars away from where you’re trying to get to

Residual was only thing I saw that was worth a thumbs up tbh lmao

Residual is set by the lender, the dealer can’t control it.