Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

I think the point was that this thread started out as people chasing that unicorn and then devolved into whatever it is now. It went from a great, tough to replicate deal to a 1% of MSRP per month deal.

this is an insane deal! probably has 13-14% dealer discount. Which state is the dealer?

Folks seem to forget that unicorns are pretty rare. On the other hand, getting a $100k+ luxury car for an effective payment of $900/month might seem appealing to some.

The days of a $500 effective monthly payment on an EQS are long gone. There are still deals to be had, but I don’t see folks getting 20% off MSRP today, even on loaners.

:unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

8 Likes

24m. Thats literally what I wrote lol, with the multiplication

1 Like

is not happening. That was possibly on 2022, which had a 30% lower MF than 2023s. And loaner status, of which I have yet to seen in the week or so

1 Like

Agreed. Great payment at $400 but doesn’t seem completely insane for a dealer to offer a 20% pre-incentives discount when the car is already a model year old and has a few thousand miles on it. But it was thanks to these deals early on that everyone else figured out that they could aim for 20% on a Mercedes EV and got great deals at 15-18% off for new 2023s, including SUVs. $600 all in on a new SUV is the true unicorn in my eyes and a few of those went to LHers with good negotiating skills who found dealers willing to deal.

Just found out that MBFS accepts cc payments thru a 3rd party vendor. They do charge $8.95 processing fee, so it’ll only make sense if you have a solid rewards program and are willing to pay for at least a couple of months at a time. Who woulda thunk that not having a $400 payment may have its benefits, lol!
https://mbfs.repay.io/ebpp/#/

The $8.95 fee is for Debit Cards. Credit Cards are charged 3.3% fee. Useful to meet minimum spend for bonuses and you can overpay. So if you have a $10k minimum spend, you can do the whole thing as one transaction.

4 Likes

Agreed! Looks like the SUVs even have some value in them.

5 Likes

You can make advancement lease payments with the cc? What would be the benefit other than the reward points?

I would think one-pay in the beginning would be better as it lowers the mf. Also if you make advance payments on the cc for the lease, what happens when the car is totaled? Do you get those payments back?

Does that 74k factor in the 4% penalty?

What about the sales tax?

If I’m reading this correctly, yes, but I didn’t dig too deep

No sales tax in CA if you do the transaction a certain way

You are meeting spend requirements. For example, I had $3k left on an AMEX spend. Bam, met spend, bonus posted a few days later.

1 Like

Also wondering if the 4% is a thing in California. It’s nowhere in my contract.

Take that equity and run!!

EQS SUV the next Wrangler 4xe??? :rofl:

1 Like

That’s crazy. This SUV is not worth $89K. MB really skimped on luxury with the EQ lineup compared to their ICE counterpart models to fit an electric powertrain.